Discussion topic: Sky Sports Red Button

This message was authored by GM1011 This message was authored by: GM1011

Sky Sports Red Button

Hello:  Sky Sports is part of my BE (EE) package.  

I have a BT YouView TV box and a BT YouView remote control.  To access the Sky red button, do I need a Sky box?  Or can I access the Sky red button without a Sky box?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky Sports Red Button

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unless anybody knows differently, I think the red button function is a service on Sky boxes only.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Unless anybody knows differently, I think the red button function is a service on Sky boxes only.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

I agree with @Mark39 , whilst third party channels can use the red button service the actual functionality of it is exclusive to sky hardware 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@SKY1992bf wrote:

I agree with @Mark39 , whilst third party channels can use the red button service the actual functionality of it is exclusive to sky hardware 

Virgin has Sky Sports Red Button functionality, they also added the the newer Sky Sports Red button features to TV 360 and Stream a few months ago 

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@GM1011 wrote:

Hello:  Sky Sports is part of my BE (EE) package.  

I have a BT YouView TV box and a BT YouView remote control.  To access the Sky red button, do I need a Sky box?  Or can I access the Sky red button without a Sky box?

Have you tried to locate the 'bonus streams' that are available via the NOW app through BT/EE boxes? They're the equivalent streams to Sky's 'red button' @GM1011 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion