Discussion topic: Send a message. We will leave Sky, if they don't give us our programmes we are paying for back.

This message was authored by RobertS83 This message was authored by: RobertS83

Re: Send a message. We will leave Sky, if they don't give us our programmes we are paying for back.

@Skull+Treaty you can also get paramount plus and discovery plus separately. 

If your not interested in sport you could get now TV, Disney plus, discovery plus, netflix with ads and paramount plus for about £30 a month out with any deals.

Sky Stream with Sky Ultimate
EE Full Fibre 500 Broadband
Fire TV Cube
Xbox Series S
Roku Streambar
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Re: Send a message. We will leave Sky, if they don't give us our programmes we are paying for back.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Diddums wrote:

Agree on your last point but that doesn't detract that overpricing occurrs if Sky costs go down for products not supplied to customers (substantial ones like CL) and that isn't passed on I.e. no reduction to the customer off the back of loss of a major sporting service which was heavily plugged (whereby forcing customer to consume from elsewhere at additional cost).

Even though they reduced rights costs by not having the CL, costs for their main football content (the Premier League) are continuing to increase, so if they'd retained the CL, the subscription might have had to increase further.

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

The latest contract between the TV companies and the EPL, have not increased, its the same value as the previous contract.

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

EFL continues to increase though

£120m per season to close £190m from 2024.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2023/05/09/sky-sports-renews-efl-rights-over-935m-deal/

This message was authored by Diddums This message was authored by: Diddums

Agree that they might have had to increase subs,  nevertheless....

Consider CL on BT (or whatever it is called now TNT?) how much apportionment of the sub is to pay for the CL content?

Bottom line, Sky I would have thought wouldn't have had those fees to pay for the broadcast rights and despite (perhaps) their revenue falling from advertising, they did not pass any of the saving to consumers by not having CL the next season.

Consumers were left with an additional sub for the privilege.

Competition is fair, although it's a liberty when everything under one roof is split out to endless subs (not Sky's fault).

Inevitably it comes down to profit, share price etc.

Consumer is always at the sharp end of it.

Vote with your subs basically and buy what you feel is right.

Ultimately no matter how it's worked out or part defended on these forums, in my view, Sky should have made a reduction in Sky Sports subs given their monopoly on CL ended.

This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

I agree that the loss of the ABC (Disney) programmes are beyond Skys control . However I am disappointed in the fact that NBC shows and Peacock shows seem to have gone to other providers. Particularly in the box sets - all the Chicago shows only have a couple of seasons available rather than the whole show. 

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

If The Good Lawyer is ordered  to series- the back door pilot was shown this week on The Good Doctor  , Unfortunately for Sky I wouldn't rule out Disney negotiating with Sony , that Disney distribute it globally rather than them as part of any series order that's what they did with Justified City Primeval.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion