Discussion topic: Saturday social-live

This message was authored by joanne777 This message was authored by: joanne777

Saturday social-live

Good god sky, whoever thought swapping Soccer AM for Saturday social was a good idea needs their P45.

soccer AM was entertaining, funny, out and about meeting interesting individuals, public interaction, and it's replaced by 4 non-entities waffling on, the same non entities and waffle that I do with my mates in a pub and countless others do every week, but duller because alcohol isn't involved, and believe me there hasn't been an alcoholic drink invented that could get me 90mins of that tripe

we want entertainment, you put the prices up for sky TV and for that we get Brain numbing shows like this, another nail in the coffin of sky tv.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Saturday social-live

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you want your voice heard by Sky, I'd suggest emailing the Viewer Relations team at: viewerr@sky.uk 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Have to agree.

Soccer AM for decades was great, even through the many personnel changes. It was an avid record/watch and an enjoyable feeling startup for a Saturday.

This replacement in my view is very poor and afraid also will not be watching

Will also be sending off my thoughts on it to Sky.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@joanne777 wrote:

Good god sky, whoever thought swapping Soccer AM for Saturday social was a good idea needs their P45.

soccer AM was entertaining, funny, out and about meeting interesting individuals, public interaction, and it's replaced by 4 non-entities waffling on, the same non entities and waffle that I do with my mates in a pub and countless others do every week, but duller because alcohol isn't involved, and believe me there hasn't been an alcoholic drink invented that could get me 90mins of that tripe

we want entertainment, you put the prices up for sky TV and for that we get Brain numbing shows like this, another nail in the coffin of sky tv.

Not only that, but it was on Sky Showcase, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football. Wasn't needed for all three. 

I don't watch sport, but I usually watch Soccer AM waiting for the The Simpsons and Soccer AM was actually bearable. This new Saturday Social would have been excellent during COVID as it's basically pub talk with the alcohol. But it's a little too late now. It's literally just 4 men sitting around a table talking about soccer.

With all the focus on the FIFA Women's World Cup recently, I would've expected more equality from Sky.

As an alternative for next week, Soccer Saturday Pre-Match was on from 10:00am to 12:00noon on Sky Sports News, so might want to watch that instead next week. 

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

Have to agree with the comments so far. Sky's panel / discussion shows in general are poor for a provider that has the sports rights they hold and the high quality of the live sports themselves. Certainly the important Saturday morning football slots would require something better than SS. Hopefully Sky are working on some new ideas. 

This message was authored by Shaun26 This message was authored by: Shaun26

Totally disagree, soccer Saturday had got so boring, too many boxers on as guests, not enough football.....the jokes were old and tedious and the skits were repetitive. I used to love soccer Saturday but it got to the point where I ended up fast forwarding most of it - except for the volley comp, tube's interviews (which were great) and Jeff and the boys.....the rest was just too self indulgent from the presenters.......it needed an overhaul 

This message was authored by stanphil This message was authored by: stanphil

Must agree with most of what has been said Soccer AM had got I little tired but it did what it said on the tin Soccer, covering football in all divisions 

Saturday social only deals with premier league not good when you follow teams from lower leagues, on the plus side gives me time to do jobs around the house before the lunchtime game, which were neglected when Soccer AM was available 😂 

This message was authored by Steve_1980 This message was authored by: Steve_1980

This has to be one of the worst shows I have seen but could be better if they didn't allow biases in to their picks for top tens and teams. 

Last week they had a Chelsea fan trying to say that they should have 3 players around the top 10 for this season and there was a total disregard for any other teams outside the top 3! This alone will not have me watching again.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Steve_1980 wrote:

This has to be one of the worst shows I have seen but could be better if they didn't allow biases in to their picks for top tens and teams. 

Last week they had a Chelsea fan trying to say that they should have 3 players around the top 10 for this season and there was a total disregard for any other teams outside the top 3! This alone will not have me watching again.

Only 3 Chelsea players and he calls himself a fan?

He has probably now been shunned by every other Chelsea fan.

Anyway, you could email viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk with these criticisms of the show.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by CafcPaul This message was authored by: CafcPaul

• You don't  even know the  name of the programme you're talking about!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion