Discussion topic: Run-time information

This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Run-time information

I don't know who's in charge of putting the run-times for films in the synopsis section, but it would be good if they would get it correct.

20231213_124025.jpg20231213_124143.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Run-time information

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That is one for viewer relations - viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@caesarome wrote:

As are 95% of the posts on this board. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mr+Ripley 

That's because that team are the first port of call for issues like that… and it saves you a call. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Mr+Ripley 

That's because that team are the first port of call for issues like that… and it saves you a call. 

I hadn't even thought about calling anyone about this. Hopefully, someone from Sky will pass this on to the VR team because I can't be bothered tbh.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

I noticed that Taylor Swift concert... Sixteen quid.. Just for rent!

No wonder she's worth £1.1 billion.. sorry US$1.1 billion, she's not 'that' rich 🙂

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

@Doc5907 wrote:

I noticed that Taylor Swift concert... Sixteen quid.. Just for rent!

No wonder she's worth £1.1 billion.. sorry US$1.1 billion, she's not 'that' rich 🙂

Just remember: 
"A celebrity's net worth is simply how much money they've made, how many assets they have including houses, cars etc. all minus taxes and any debt they may have".

It's not how much they have day-to-day.

This message was authored by Derek_Trotter This message was authored by: Derek_Trotter

Part of the reason it's so confusing is because Sky speed up all US sourced movies from 24 to 25 frames per second because their hardware cannot output native frame rates. 
The Taylor Swift movie for example has a correct run time of 3 hours and 1 minute when played at its native 24fps frame rate from a service like Prime Video or Apple iTunes. Sky speed it up. Hence the second shorter run time listed. 
The same with Genie. On Peacock in the USA, where the movie originates from, the correct run time is 1 hour 32mins at 24fps. 
The further complication with Sky is the addition of ads at the start. If they've added a ton of Sky promo advertising at the start then this will add to the overall run time listed. 
Confusing, huh? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Derek_Trotter 

Given the reviews of Genie, a shorter run time would seem to be a Christmas gift in itself ; )

I wouldn't dare suggest the same thing about Ms Swift...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@Derek_Trotter wrote:

Part of the reason it's so confusing is because Sky speed up all US sourced movies from 24 to 25 frames per second because their hardware cannot output native frame rates. 
The Taylor Swift movie for example has a correct run time of 3 hours and 1 minute when played at its native 24fps frame rate from a service like Prime Video or Apple iTunes. Sky speed it up. Hence the second shorter run time listed. 
The same with Genie. On Peacock in the USA, where the movie originates from, the correct run time is 1 hour 32mins at 24fps. 
The further complication with Sky is the addition of ads at the start. If they've added a ton of Sky promo advertising at the start then this will add to the overall run time listed. 
Confusing, huh? 

But Genie was the longer of the two times listed, that is the film itself not taking any ads into consideration. I don't know where they got the 75m timing from.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Maybe the 75 minutes was wishful thinking

Alas the genie did not grant that wish

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion