Discussion topic: Rewind TV

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Rewind Tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I agree @Jason+Golding it seems very odd especially that stream and glass are the future

Satellite still has millions more users than Glass/Stream though, and a new channel would presumably be keen to hit the biggest group of potential viewers first, particularly as their financing is likely to depend on that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Re: Rewind TV

Rewind TV probably wouldn't work very well on Stream at the moment anyway as they don't appear to have any series links in place.

This message was authored by Lee+Curtis This message was authored by: Lee+Curtis

Well I've reset my Sky Q box but still can't access Rewind TV, I either get the blue screen technical fault or a very heavily pixilated screen with small areas of picture but otherwise grey screen. Every other channel on the box is fine so I assume it's a frequency problem and Rewind is such a weak signal I can't lock in on it......bloody annoying !

This message was authored by WexfordBoi This message was authored by: WexfordBoi

Will the SkyQ customers here in Ireland be getting g this channel too?????

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@WexfordBoi 

Nothing to that effect announced at this time 

Thursday 23rd

• Rewind TV launches to 190 on satellite in the UK only.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@WexfordBoi wrote:

Will the SkyQ customers here in Ireland be getting g this channel too?????

That would be up to the channel owners: negotiating a whole additional set of distribution rights to content for what's realistically a very small potential audience probably isn't their highest priority.

Note that Rewind TV here is not the same operation as the channel of the same name in the US which has much greater resources.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@Lee+Curtis wrote:

Well I've reset my Sky Q box but still can't access Rewind TV, I either get the blue screen technical fault or a very heavily pixilated screen with small areas of picture but otherwise grey screen. Every other channel on the box is fine so I assume it's a frequency problem and Rewind is such a weak signal I can't lock in on it......bloody annoying !

There are lots of other (mostly minor) channels on the same frequency including

164 Blaze

361 Now 70s

362 Now 80s

665 Gems TV

668 Ideal World

Do you have problems with them too? If so it is likely to be a dish alignment fault and require an engineer visit, if you want it fixed.

This message was authored by Nathan20031 This message was authored by: Nathan20031

Rewind TV line up

Since that Rewind TV channel has started recently, what shows do you think we could see fill a Saturday Morning line up? Since it's mainly British stuff on the channel, I think something like "Rainbow" or "Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings" would easily fill 10 minutes of the slot, both being relatively short shows (Rainbow is the only one to actually be 10 minutes long despite the odd occasional 20 minute episode around Christmas)

This message was authored by Nathan20031 This message was authored by: Nathan20031

Re: Rewind TV line up

Or maybe something like Granada's "Once Upon a Time...." with Peter Davison, or Yorkshire's "Ragdolly Anna" with Pat Coombs and the legendary work of future Ragdoll Productions founder Anne Wood 

This message was authored by Jon65 This message was authored by: Jon65

When rewind started I had no problems receiving it. They changed the transmission parameters in July and although still on Astra 28.2 it seemed to push it beyond the alignment of my dish (lost blaze too). I got it back by fine tuning my dish alignment including lnb skew with a labgear s501 meter.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion