Discussion topic: Programme i was watching - Fringe just disappeared.

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

Re: Programme i was watching - Fringe just disappeared.

@Timelord2018 wrote:

All 5 seasons on ITVX from 12th September 

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2024/07/30/itvx-picks-up-all-5-seasons-of-the-brilliant-sci-fi-series-fri...

What a brilliant catch!! Thank you. We have just finished watching all 1st 4 seasons of this wonderful show and were very distressed not to be able to get series 5.

Roll on September and big pat on the back for ITVX, and a big thumbs down for Sky in not keeping the license to air this show...

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@StephenSky wrote:

@Timelord2018 wrote:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2024/07/30/itvx-picks-up-all-5-seasons-of-the-brilliant-sci-fi-series-fri...

What a brilliant catch!! Thank you. We have just finished watching all 1st 4 seasons of this wonderful show and were very distressed not to be able to get series 5.

Roll on September and big pat on the back for ITVX, and a big thumbs down for Sky in not keeping the license to air this show...

The license is from Warner Bros Discovery they ultimately own it , I expect to be on ITVX until early 2026 if The Middle is anything to go by that was added to ITVX this month.

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

@Timelord2018 wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

@Timelord2018 wrote:

The license is from Warner Bros Discovery they ultimately own it , I expect to be on ITVX until early 2026 if The Middle is anything to go by, added to ITVX this month.

So, have you a reason for not beleiveing that link that states The Fringe will be on ITVX on September 12th 2024 then? 🤣

This message was authored by Ash1955 This message was authored by: Ash1955

I got the missing ones I had'nt seen on DVD for very silly money just after my post. I will probably sell them on at some point. Job done and back to living 😉

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q UHD HDR 1 TB Box
1 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Virgin broadband wired network
7.2ch Home Theatre AV Receiver | Sony STR-DN1080
Sony BRAVIA 4k Google TV

@Ash1955 wrote:

I got the missing ones I had'nt seen on DVD for very silly money just after my post. I will probably sell them on at some point. Job done and back to living 😉

You have a DVD player? How quaint... 😂

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StephenSky wrote:

@Ash1955 wrote:

Apparently DVD and Blu-ray sales are seeing a bit of an uptick, driven by people realising that streaming platforms have the habit of removing content from their platforms so it's a good way to make sure favourite films and shows can be watched whenever.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

@Ash1955 wrote:

Apparently DVD and Blu-ray sales are seeing a bit of an uptick, driven by people realising that streaming platforms have the habit of removing content from their platforms so it's a good way to make sure favourite films and shows can be watched whenever.

@StephenSky 

Plus a VCR almost new. Future antique 😉. Who's laughing now as I finished my viewing  🤣

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q UHD HDR 1 TB Box
1 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sony BRAVIA 4k Google TV

@Ash1955 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

@Ash1955 wrote:

@StephenSky 

Plus a VCR almost new. Future antique 😉. Who's laughing now as I finished my viewing  🤣

I too have a top of the range 'Sony' VHS in roof space,and a Sony DVD on my TV set up though not connected. I tried to remember the last time I watched a DVD, must be at least a decade, and much much longer for a VHS.

I also have an original Rega Planar 2 for LP playing  bought in the 1970s. I actually love 'old tech', and spent 12 years of my career selling 'music' in a bygone Megastore. I love the revival of vinyl,, BlueRay etc. Streaming is just such a throwaway method of watching TV... Hard to beat opening the seal of a new VHS and reading all the sleeve notes that came with it, and don't get me started on a 'double album' with full lyrics LOL

@StephenSky wrote:

@Ash1955 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@StephenSky wrote:

@Ash1955 wrote:

@StephenSky 

I too have a top of the range 'Sony' VHS in roof space,and a Sony DVD on my TV set up though not connected. I tried to remember the last time I watched a DVD, must be at least a decade, and much much longer for a VHS.

I also have an original Rega Planar 2 for LP playing  bought in the 1970s. I actually love 'old tech', and spent 12 years of my career selling 'music' in a bygone Megastore. I love the revival of vinyl,, BlueRay etc. Streaming is just such a throwaway method of watching TV... Hard to beat opening the seal of a new VHS and reading all the sleeve notes that came with it, and don't get me started on a 'double album' with full lyrics LOL

@StephenSky 

I've never stopped using my DVD player and it's so cheap to pick up bargain discs these days and often cheaper that paying to view online. I still have my record deck from the 70's and large collection of vinyl dating back to when I got them, many of them in the 60's. I find it odd that some people don't even buy CD's these day's. Each to their own.

Sky Q UHD HDR 1 TB Box
1 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sony BRAVIA 4k Google TV

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion