Discussion topic: Poor Picture quality of Ladies Golf

This message was authored by casjen1 This message was authored by: casjen1

Poor Picture quality of Ladies Golf

I have sent many messages to Sky sports golf on Twitter and facebook pages in the last 12 moths but SKY have never had the curtesy to reply once. Is there an other way to contact Sports golf where they actually read messages. The issue concerns the fact that all mens tournaments whichever tour it is, always have pristin picture quality where as the ladies tournaments are much lower. Very occasionally its the same but this is the exception. Its like somebody has flicked a switch as soon as the ladies broadcast begins. Recently 2 live tournaments followed each other and the differnce in the ladies one which followed the mens was huge. Another example is the current LPGA from Korea. Mens tournaments from here are always top notch but not the current LPGA one. LET tournaments are even worse with footage looking like being transmitted on on old Nokia sometimes.

As an avid watcher of golf it is very noticable so anybody having a one off  look now on the golf will probably say looks fine to me but there is a definte trend of lowering the broadcast quality between the men/ladies.

Could someone from Sky sports golf make an effort to respond [content removed]

Moderator note: language removed

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Poor Picture quality of Ladies Golf

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@casjen1 wrote:

I have sent many messages to Sky sports golf on Twitter and facebook pages in the last 12 moths but SKY have never had the curtesy to reply once. Is there an other way to contact Sports golf where they actually read messages. The issue concerns the fact that all mens tournaments whichever tour it is, always have pristin picture quality where as the ladies tournaments are much lower. Very occasionally its the same but this is the exception. Its like somebody has flicked a switch as soon as the ladies broadcast begins. Recently 2 live tournaments followed each other and the differnce in the ladies one which followed the mens was huge. Another example is the current LPGA from Korea. Mens tournaments from here are always top notch but not the current LPGA one. LET tournaments are even worse with footage looking like being transmitted on on old Nokia sometimes.

As an avid watcher of golf it is very noticable so anybody having a one off  look now on the golf will probably say looks fine to me but there is a definte trend of lowering the broadcast quality between the men/ladies.

Could someone from Sky sports golf make an effort to respond [content removed]

Moderator note: language removed

@casjen1 All US Golf coverage will be as supplied by the host broadcaster and out of Sky's control. But, I can't say I've noticed any difference in picture quality between the PGA and LPGA coverage. LPGA Day 2 highlights are on now and the picture quality is perfect. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
casjen1
Topic Author
This message was authored by casjen1 This message was authored by: casjen1

I said I would get a response like this. I am also talking abou ALL womens golf from around the world and watching on a top of the range 65" Panansonic  OLED there is a marked difference when watched on a regular basis .This is not just USgolf produced from the USA. The current tournament is coming from Korea.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@casjen1 wrote:

The current tournament is coming from Korea.

Unlikely that Sky is,covering this themselves either.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Interesting post i haven't watched a lot of LPGA lately but not noticed it being lower quality. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi casjen1

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion