Discussion topic: Peacock TV UK Five nights at Freddy’s

This message was authored by Skeggygeeks This message was authored by: Skeggygeeks

Re: Peacock TV UK Five nights at Freddy’s

@DanielF @Anonymous Sky

I understand the fnaf movie is available to pre-order with no release date confirmed. Am I right in thinking that it won't be released today then? Its just my daughter is frantically waiting to watch and I don't want her disappointed waiting expecting it on tonight if it won't be.  Kind regards 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skeggygeeks 

I'd suggest it's very unlikely that there will be a Sky Store date soon, even as an expensive 'Premiere', when the film has only just started physical cinema distribution.

The release to Peacock in the USA is something of an experiment to try to assess how this affects the potential cinema audience.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Skeggygeeks 

I'd also note that Sky employees who post in these forums are unlikely to have information on commercial release dates.

This message was authored by impulse1976 This message was authored by: impulse1976

When is the release date on Sky Store for Five Nights at Freddys please?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@impulse1976 

Please read the post currently showing as the answer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GeorgieRhianne This message was authored by: GeorgieRhianne

Not great communication Sky, it doesn't help that Radio times is posting incorrect information. It's gutting to all the kids that have waited to watch and now they have no idea when they'll be able to watch at all. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@GeorgieRhianne wrote:

Not great communication Sky, it doesn't help that Radio times is posting incorrect information. It's gutting to all the kids that have waited to watch and now they have no idea when they'll be able to watch at all. 

@GeorgieRhianne if the radio times is posting incorrect information then would't it be best to contact them. If all that Sky know is that it will be available on Sky Store at some point in the future  then thats all they will be able to say. 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@GeorgieRhianne wrote:

Sky is not responsible for third party publications. Radio Times unfortunately repeatedly put these incorrect information into these 'form articles' where their writer has to fill in blanks.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by GeorgieRhianne This message was authored by: GeorgieRhianne

Not really, radio times is an issue for radio times. But I really don't think it should be available for preorder on sky store if they don't even have a date for when it'll be available. 

@GeorgieRhianne 

That's a business decision: personally I'd suggest potential purchasers pause to consider why they would want to have Sky hold onto their money for an unknown period to 'pre-order' a digital release which by definition is fairly unlikely to run out of stock...

@GeorgieRhianne wrote:

It's gutting to all the kids that have waited to watch and now they have no idea when they'll be able to watch at all. 

When they are 15, perhaps?

This message was authored by lzzds29 This message was authored by: lzzds29

I think you might be referring to the rating of the film, I do believe that it’s actually parents decision to let their children watch 15+ content, and this would apply as if it’s on sky it isn’t a cinema release, which is where it does apply legally, as long as the parent is obviously renting/buying it, it’s not actually illegal for a person younger than 15 to watch it if someone over 18 has brought/rented it. Maybe wrong however that’s my impression

@lzzds29 wrote:
 it’s not actually illegal for a person younger than 15 to watch it if someone over 18 has brought/rented it. 

I think that is correct, but within sensible limits: knowingly enabling a minor to view traumatising material at home is potentially a child protection issue.

Personally I find the notion that this film or the game it is based on are particularly suitable for children rather baffling, given both are very firmly in the 'survival horror' genre: that the BBFC took a very different rating decision to the MPAA is a complicating factor.

The decision on whether children should be able to see it lies firmly in the parents common sense and depends on how mature the child is. My plan is to watch the movie in advance to see how appropriate it is as I've always done, we all know there are plenty of movies that have lower age ratings that could be described as inappropriate and vice versa.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@lzzds29 wrote:
I think you might be referring to the rating of the film, I do believe that it’s actually parents decision to let their children watch 15+ content, and this would apply as if it’s on sky it isn’t a cinema release, which is where it does apply legally, as long as the parent is obviously renting/buying it, it’s not actually illegal for a person younger than 15 to watch it if someone over 18 has brought/rented it. Maybe wrong however that’s my impression

@lzzds29 

You are correct. Whilst nobody under 15 is permitted to enter a cinema screening, the restriction on home release is that nobody under 15 may rent or buy the film. 

Nobody on here has any rights whatsoever to question or doubt the parenting abilities of others. If a parent/guardian wishes for their child to watch a 15-rated movie, that's their choice as they know their own kids. Having seen the film myself last night, I'd have no issues whatsoever with letting a teenager watch it. A 15 was a push and I watch horror-esque films as the main go-to. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion