Discussion topic: New series Billions starts Friday 11th Aug'23 no subtitles.

This message was authored by Whya+Displayname This message was authored by: Whya+Displayname

New series Billions starts Friday 11th Aug'23 no subtitles.

I have just tried to email sky but they have told me to use the Community page...

Sky.....Can you please ensure that deaf and people with audio 

problems will not be excluded from watching and being able to understand
speech during the new series of Billions please.

Booking it to record on Sky Q is showing that there will not be any
subtitles on all (any)  of the showings of episode 1. This will be hugely
disappointing to millions of the deaf audience who love this show.

Please reassure me they will not be excluded...
Always striving towards Subtitles for the deaf Sky members. Plus looking for latest news on the Q's sound system which is going to be looked into soon so Sky told me

Best Answers
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

Re: New series Billions starts Friday 11th Aug'23 no subtitles.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just checking now, S and AD have been added to the description for both showings on Friday 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Whya+Displayname 
This is mainly a customer helps customer forum so you’re not talking to Sky Customer Services on here.

You would be better off emailing the Viewer Relations Team at viewerR@sky.uk

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Whya+Displayname
Topic Author
This message was authored by Whya+Displayname This message was authored by: Whya+Displayname

@Daniel0210  Thank you but how do I get there...that is not a real email address so I guess I will have to get there by other means...can you please give me easy instructions as how to get me message to the right area... Since I started this it has taken since around 7.30pm and I am giddy with going round and round..lol...

Always striving towards Subtitles for the deaf Sky members. Plus looking for latest news on the Q's sound system which is going to be looked into soon so Sky told me
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Whya+Displayname wrote:

@Daniel0210  Thank you but how do I get there...that is not a real email address 

@Whya+Displayname 

That is a real email address … whether you will receive the answer you want is another matter.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Whya+Displayname wrote:

@Daniel0210  Thank you but how do I get there...that is not a real email address...

Yep, perfectly real.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

Posts to that address are all blocked... Due to re-thinking the issue I can see I am in the entirely wrong area of Sky here and the ethos has somewhat changed... ... However, I have emailed Accessable Customer Service who may be more forthcoming.. Thanks to all.. 

@Whya+Displayname wrote:

Posts to that address are all blocked…

@Whya+Displayname 

Personally I've never had the need to email them but plenty have and it being 'blocked' as you claim is not something we have heard previously. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I emailed viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk last week. Maybe the issue is with your email provider?

Hopefully they do get subtitles, I think it is a time issue.

For the 5am, sky may not get it in time rue to security to add subtitles. Also  I find 5:45am is when my sky q box updates so I wouldn't record at that time. (5am is midnight us eastern time which is when it is released there)

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

@nolte  You are right....I have indeed pressed to record all the times its is showing just in case they slip subs in... lol.. Thanks for your friendly post.. appreciated..

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Whya+Displayname wrote:

Posts to that address are all blocked... Due to re-thinking the issue I can see I am in the entirely wrong area of Sky here and the ethos has somewhat changed... ... However, I have emailed Accessable Customer Service who may be more forthcoming.. Thanks to all.. 

As others have said, never had an issue with that email address. Emailed them yesterday, got a reply this morning. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

I must somehow be making it all up then.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

Just checking now, S and AD have been added to the description for both showings on Friday 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

@nolte  ... This is great news... Thank you for letting us know.😀

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Whya+Displayname Hopefully your recording did have subtitles - my box recorded the 5am showing & has them

BTW I thought it was a great opening episode & looking forward the rest of the series

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

@nigea99 Thanks...yes... I grabbed them all...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion