Discussion topic: Message forSky, please resolve Paramount Plus issues

This message was authored by The+Fox This message was authored by: The+Fox

Message forSky, please resolve Paramount Plus issues

Dear Sky

Many of your customers are still unable to access Paramount Plus.

We have been through all the activation process many times without success, Though I’m sure there are many customers who’ve had no problems that the minority of us are experiencing.

Contacting Paramount Plus about the faults with the activation process still continue, all Paramount Plus do is state that the problem is with you ... Sky.

You need to put into place a resolution of when the process will be fixed. An email to all your customers would be appreciated explaining what is happening as at the moment your silence on the situation is …….. Non Existent……

Sky must know how many customers who are subscribed to Sky Cinema and simply activate it for them. It can’t be that difficult.

If you do not have Sky Cinema, the customers who would like it can go through a specific process to obtain it.

So come on Sky please resolve this as it approaches 2 months of what appears to be only inaction on your part.

Thank you….

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Message forSky, please resolve Paramount Plus issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @The+Fox 

It must be very frustrating for those wanting to sign up for Paramount + and getting errors. 

You need to be aware that whilst SKY do read messages on here and pass on key points to various teams / managers etc they are unlikely to comment here unless there is something specific that the support teams can say. 

However, to make a more specific point you would probaly need to send an email to viewerR@sky.uk 

One thing we do know is that there are a few different errors that customers may get - all of which may be a different stage in terms of identification & fixing. I am not too sure that all are with SKY although they may be - Of course  P+ support are likely to say they are all due to SKY 

SKY  - like many other companies - do not give a running status on such issues - although I know more communication would help  

I can see you reasoning for the automatic registration but there are a few aspects which might preclude that  :

• Paramount + & SKY are different organasations with their own IT systems  
  • The activation process requires individuals to set up their own credentials on P+ which - other than fact it is part of the SKY + sub - have nothing to do with SKY - (for example customers may wish to use completely different  email addresses and certainly should be different passwords)
  • P+ may not wish to have registrations on their systems  for  SKY Cinema customers that do not want to take up the offer 

Needless to say of course you are right that the majority do not have issues with the activation and are happily watching P+  - which, of course, unfortunately, always makes it feel worse for those, like yourself,  that do have problems

I guess it would help if there was some way of getting a central register of customers that are experiencing P+ activation issues but I am not aware of any such process/system

I do hope that your problems and those for the others that are experiencing problems are sorted before too long but experience would say that it isn't likely to  be as swift as everyone  would like 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@The+Fox 

I've moved this to the general discussion forum: you posted it to 'Talk' which is specific to the Sky telephony product of that name.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

hi @The+Fox 

It must be very frustrating for those wanting to sign up for Paramount + and getting errors. 

You need to be aware that whilst SKY do read messages on here and pass on key points to various teams / managers etc they are unlikely to comment here unless there is something specific that the support teams can say. 

However, to make a more specific point you would probaly need to send an email to viewerR@sky.uk 

One thing we do know is that there are a few different errors that customers may get - all of which may be a different stage in terms of identification & fixing. I am not too sure that all are with SKY although they may be - Of course  P+ support are likely to say they are all due to SKY 

SKY  - like many other companies - do not give a running status on such issues - although I know more communication would help  

I can see you reasoning for the automatic registration but there are a few aspects which might preclude that  :

• Paramount + & SKY are different organasations with their own IT systems  
  • The activation process requires individuals to set up their own credentials on P+ which - other than fact it is part of the SKY + sub - have nothing to do with SKY - (for example customers may wish to use completely different  email addresses and certainly should be different passwords)
  • P+ may not wish to have registrations on their systems  for  SKY Cinema customers that do not want to take up the offer 

Needless to say of course you are right that the majority do not have issues with the activation and are happily watching P+  - which, of course, unfortunately, always makes it feel worse for those, like yourself,  that do have problems

I guess it would help if there was some way of getting a central register of customers that are experiencing P+ activation issues but I am not aware of any such process/system

I do hope that your problems and those for the others that are experiencing problems are sorted before too long but experience would say that it isn't likely to  be as swift as everyone  would like 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@nigea99 wrote:

hi @The+Fox 

Also serious Data Protection Act / ICO  implications: Sky would be on very thin ice if they simply gave Paramount several million customer email addresses without express permission of every individual involved, even if this was with the best of intentions in order to provide access to an additional service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by joe+dredd This message was authored by: joe+dredd

Having the same problem since sky was installed! That took Sky 6 weeks! Another story!

I got some traction with Sky on Twitter but still not working. Suggest you Sky as well

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion