Discussion topic: HD charges

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by debbiesharron This message was authored by: debbiesharron

Re: HD charges

Sounds like I'm in parliament 

I like Nat geo wild and slow motion forward and rewind options
This message was authored by debbiesharron This message was authored by: debbiesharron

That's Why Sky do it , 

Because Other Companies do , 

It's all about MONEY MONEY MONEY 

Just keep the picture quality free for everyone.. Problem Solved 

Since when has Sky cared about increases in prices 

You say people who don't HD. I think what you meant to say was people who couldn't afford HD 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@debbiesharron You need to stop spamming the forum with post after post of pointless nonsense, we get you want free HD but it ain't gonna happen and no amount of complaining here will change that.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@daveNOS wrote:

@debbiesharron You need to stop spamming the forum with post after post of pointless nonsense, we get you want free HD but it ain't gonna happen and no amount of complaining here will change that.

Seems to be a bit of a rant going on here....😁😁😁

Oh you ve hurt my feelings now

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Please be mindful of the Community Rules (Rule 1 - to be kind to each other) when posting.

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@daveNOS wrote:

I don't think @debbiesharron was just posting pointlessly, that's one of the issues with the forum software. If you reply but don't specifically quote or tag the person you are replying to, it looks like a random shout into the void.

it should show a "reply to" link by default imho so it's obvious who people are talking to. Most forums have done this for 10 years+

@Chodley

Thankyou very much for seeing it as it is 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Chodley making multiple posts one after the other just ranting is nonsense, it achieves nothing other than identifying yourself as a spammer.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

In regard to HD charges in today's age, let's be realistic and honest:

As long as Sky can make a profit from customers paying for HD and where Sky is not receiving enough pressure to stop broadcasting in HD, Sky will continue to charge for HD. 

I think that the BBC removing SD channels is somewhat of a pressure for Sky, but if ITV and Channel 4 don't go HD only as well, and also if Sky's partners (e.g. A&E) are not pressuring Sky, then I don't see Sky removing the charge. 

I think also having HD & SD channels is a way for Sky to charge extra to channel providers. An issue I have is that more channels could be added if SD channels were removed (provided there's a HD alternative). It would also free up 800-899. I also think +1 channels should be removed too, especially with catch up and on demand services. 

For example: channels in the 800s could be like a data channel for all the apps, catch up, on-demand and online services Sky provides on Sky Q/Glass, similar to the way Freeview has data channels on the EPG/LCNs. Some customers would like it on the EPG. I find having to find the apps rail a bit tedious. I don't particularly like the voice search as it's not perfect as recognising my speech. 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Anonymous wrote:

In regard to HD charges in today's age, let's be realistic and honest:

As long as Sky can make a profit from customers paying for HD and where Sky is not receiving enough pressure to stop broadcasting in HD, Sky will continue to charge for HD. 

I think that the BBC removing SD channels is somewhat of a pressure for Sky, but if ITV and Channel 4 don't go HD only as well, and also if Sky's partners (e.g. A&E) are not pressuring Sky, then I don't see Sky removing the charge. 

I think also having HD & SD channels is a way for Sky to charge extra to channel providers. An issue I have is that more channels could be added if SD channels were removed (provided there's a HD alternative). It would also free up 800-899. I also think +1 channels should be removed too, especially with catch up and on demand services. 

For example: channels in the 800s could be like a data channel for all the apps, catch up, on-demand and online services Sky provides on Sky Q/Glass, similar to the way Freeview has data channels on the EPG/LCNs. Some customers would like it on the EPG. I find having to find the apps rail a bit tedious. I don't particularly like the voice search as it's not perfect as recognising my speech. 

Allocating channel numbers to apps isn't possible under the current EPG rules, so they can't do that without a complete revision of those.

There are plenty of spare channel numbers anyway (at least 9800, as radio only takes up 0100-0199, leaving 0200-9999 free)

If Sky remove the HD charge, that's a drop in revenue which they need to replace somehow.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@daveNOS  I disagree, for the reasons I already said in my last post. Each one was presumably a reply to a specific pist from someone else.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion