Discussion topic: HD charges

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by debbiesharron This message was authored by: debbiesharron

Re: HD charges

@Justin15 , I totally feel for you and get what your saying , For someone to say " Well if you wasn't paying for HD you,d be paying for something else" 

Oh my lord, Where does it end , And what about the poor people who can only AFFORD SD, How it would Affect Them ,

As though your the one being unreasonable and unfair , You gotta laugh 

I like Nat geo wild and slow motion forward and rewind options
This message was authored by Justin15 This message was authored by: Justin15

I am realistic, I know they earn a profit from it, doesnt mean it right though.

Just like selling cars with wooden wheels, you could easy do that and upgarde to rubber but people recognise thats not right, so dont do it. 

Sky's dropping 1000's of customers every year, its a declining trend and its because of stuff like this, people arent stupid they dont want to be taken for a ride. 

Make money on new cutting edge services or programs not an antiqe service like HD.

Sitting back in your seat with your arm crossed maintaining sky make a profit out of something so why should they change is a road to ruin. 

Skys the best TV provider out there hands down, I doubt any one could argue that. But they have so many issues people are leaving in their droves. Get rid of useless filler channels, and soak up the cost of HD. No one wants to run their car on wooden wheels ...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Justin15 wrote:

Get rid of useless filler channels, 

Again, not legally possible, and almost certainly also discriminatory against minority ethnic and faith groups for whom many of those channels are intended.  Also crafters, lovers of JML domestic cleaning products and fans of rubbish 80s music videos; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by debbiesharron This message was authored by: debbiesharron

@Justin15

Now they resort to discrimatory and people with faith biased , 

Oh my lord ,

Anything to not face the facts , 

I'm still laughing , 

You hit the nail on the head Justin, 

This message was authored by Justin15 This message was authored by: Justin15

Ok keep the filler rubbish that no one watches, HD argument stands...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@debbiesharron 

Many SD channels are aimed at such audiences.  Irrespective of that, Sky cannot refuse a listing if a channel complies with UK broadcasting regulations  Those are facts too

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The car analogy falls short when you consider when buying a car, there are various extras that if you want you get charged extra for, even for colour of car

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.

The point is Why should the definition of the TV be Chargable, 

Sky HD £10 a Month !!! 

And suddenly you show sympathy for the people who can only watch in SD!!!!.. 

These are politicians Answers , 

Always Evading The Question 

@Sutton86 , So how much is Sky Glass Then 

Shouldn't have to pay more 

Why is it when ever any loyal fan customers ask for advert free watching, Free HD or any significant other, 

The answer is always the same ie " Well if Sky did this they would need to then raise prices on this, That , or the other , 

No they wouldn't 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

The HD add on isn't £10 a month. The £8 a month charge upgrades both Sky TV services and Netflix to HD. 

Yes, more companies than just Sky charge extra for HD nowadays.

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@debbiesharron wrote:

Why is it when ever any loyal fan customers ask for advert free watching, Free HD or any significant other, 

The answer is always the same ie " Well if Sky did this they would need to then raise prices on this, That , or the other , 

No they wouldn't 

You want them to give you HD (or something else) for free?

That has a cost to Sky, so by giving it away for nothing, their profit margin will be reduced. 

Yes, we'd all like to get something for nothing, but Sky are a business, not a charity, so that can't happen all the time.

They always upsell

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion