Discussion topic: Freesat 4k box with 'no signal'. I'm so confused with it

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Freesat 4k box with 'no signal'. I'm so confused with it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll need to get a local installer to check out your dish, because that is what I guess the issue is

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Vici81 wrote:

Yes. I left it powered on. After about 40 mins I put it in standby for ten secs and then turned it back on. Still when it searches for a satellite signal. It just comes up no signal. Thank you for your offers of help so far. Totally confused as to what to do next. I've just plugged my sky box back in and no issue at all? 

Although I can't find the discussions, I think some have found leaving the box in Standby overnight & then powering up the following day seemed to get it to find the channels - although I could be wrong

This message was authored by Vici81 This message was authored by: Vici81

Ok. I shall leave it plugged in overnight and see what happens. Thank you 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@nigea99 wrote:

@Vici81 wrote:

Yes. I left it powered on. After about 40 mins I put it in standby for ten secs and then turned it back on. Still when it searches for a satellite signal. It just comes up no signal. Thank you for your offers of help so far. Totally confused as to what to do next. I've just plugged my sky box back in and no issue at all? 

Although I can't find the discussions, I think some have found leaving the box in Standby overnight & then powering up the following day seemed to get it to find the channels - although I could be wrong

Yes, I remember that discussion.

This message was authored by Vici81 This message was authored by: Vici81

So leaving the box in standby overnight. Turning it on and performing a channel scan has indeed fixed the issue. Thank you everyone 😃

This message was authored by scgf This message was authored by: scgf

I bought a new Freesat box today and it wouldn't detect a signal from my Sky dish.  This answer from @Godfrey saved me from going out and needlessly buying a new LNB, climbing a ladder in the rain and replacing a perfectly good existing LNB. I left the Fressat box on for 30 minutes, put it in standay and when I took it out of standby I got two successive progress bars and a reboot, then it detected a signal and set itself up after I'd enetered my post code.

Thank you @Godfrey !

This message was authored by ChrisRD This message was authored by: ChrisRD

I just wanted to say thank goodness for this thread! Saved a lot of Christmas disappointment.

This message was authored by Lee89lee This message was authored by: Lee89lee

Me too, thankyou, the 30 minutes then standby thing worked and now all is well. 👍

This message was authored by TOMAR This message was authored by: TOMAR

Thanks very much for advice i had the same issue but resolved it after 15minutes using the below steps.

I wasn't able to access the 999 channel but just left it on for over 15mins then unplugged for 30 seconds then turned it back on and it updated. Sounds like it's software issue and only way to update it mannually without waiting for overnight update.

https://freesatspares.co.uk/blogs/news/firmware-update-manual-automatic-system-changes  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion