Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Super+Anthony wrote:

@Kirsty+S27 

Just had a call from the priority team and they have informed me we will only be going to get it in a couple of years, because of the current deal in place. I mentioned to them that on Sky website it states we will be getting it soon. This therefore is false information, as soon is not two years!

Very poor I have to say from the powers that be.

@Super+Anthony personally I would take that information with a pinch of salt, no one (even from sky) is going to know for definite when it will launch

I agree. That sounds like opinion, rather than fact. Sky are never definite about when a new service or offer will be available to customers. I suspect not even the front line advisers are told either. 'Soon' is, of course, highly subjunctive anyway, and can mean anything to,anyone.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I agree fully @Mark39 and you right, but surely 2 years is not soon but never mind. Patience is a virtue 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I agree fully @Mark39 and you right, but surely 2 years is not soon but never mind. Patience is a virtue 

No, I wouldn't call 2 years 'soon' either, but in Sky's context, who knows.....

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I have emailed the team back to say it's totally unacceptable, especially when they have said soon on their own website. It's simply not good enough and will not do

Sky are quick enough to want money from us and increases in bills, yet they don't provide correct information on their own website. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

The CITV channel will go off air on 1st September following a summer holiday campaign to transition viewers to ITVX.

• CITV replaced by new ITVX Kids, a new on-demand and live streaming area of ITVX.
  • CITV’s last day will be Friday 1st September.
  • The CITV brand – originally Children’s ITV – dates back to the 1980s.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/citv-closedown-date-confirmed/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@GD1 wrote:

The CITV channel will go off air on 1st September following a summer holiday campaign to transition viewers to ITVX.

• CITV replaced by new ITVX Kids, a new on-demand and live streaming area of ITVX.

Interesting move - the removal from Freeview could affect some poorer families with limited or no internet

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@nigea99 wrote:

@GD1 wrote:

Interesting move - the removal from Freeview could affect some poorer families with limited or no internet

Those children can at last go outside and touch grass 🙂 Like we did in our younger days before these channels existed 🙂

@Annie+UK Agree. It's so much better for their health and well-being to be outside, rather than stuck in front of a TV all day

@Annie+UK wrote:

Those children can at last go outside and touch grass 🙂 Like we did in our younger days before these channels existed 

...but likely to need more supervision, which I suspect is the issue.... 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Mark39 wrote:

@Annie+UK wrote:

Those children can at last go outside and touch grass 🙂 Like we did in our younger days before these channels existed 

...but likely to need more supervision, which I suspect is the issue.... 

I dream of the good old days when all the kids were out playing from first light to last light with minimal supervision, I used to be on my bike riding for miles with zero contact to my parents only coming home for food 🙂

When I was a child, we were not permitted TV in the bedroom and Monday to Thursday no TV watching unless a specific program. I had to do my homework plus going to the park and museums etc.

I feel children or some of them don't realise this is so much better for your health and well-being

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

ITV are saying the closure is due to the collapse of advertising revenue as children are now glued to tablets rather than televisions...

ITV is shutting down its CITV channel and shifting most of its children’s programmes to streaming-only, arguing that young people have largely given up on watching scheduled television.

CITV will disappear as a standalone channel in the autumn, with all children’s content shifting to the streaming platform ITVX. The broadcaster said the channel was unprofitable and children’s TV audiences had collapsed in recent years because of a shift to YouTube and other streaming services.

ITV said the average time spent by British children watching children’s television channels had declined by 62% since 2019. The BBC has already announced plans to make its CBBC channel online-only, although the preschool CBeebies remains safe for now.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/mar/10/citv-channel-to-close-itv-childrens-television-online-... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PATV+Scunthorpe This message was authored by: PATV+Scunthorpe

Though there will still be linear airings of some CITV programming on ITV2 from 5-9am from September.

This is due to the legacy second ITV Breakfast slot (that was launched as GMTV2) still existing. Originally taking the same 6am to 9:25am slot on ITV2, in the mid 00s it was moved to ITV4 before settling on the CITV Channel as it was mostly used to fulfill the children's programming quota anyway, so as it still exists it's being moved back to ITV2.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion