Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV Guide - July 2024

This message was authored by RobertS83 This message was authored by: RobertS83

Re: Changes to the Sky TV Guide - July 2024

You can use pluto tv/plex/rakuten tv apps which are all free to use for the now music and vevo music channels.

Sky Stream with Sky Ultimate
EE Full Fibre 500 Broadband
Fire TV Cube
Xbox Series S
Roku Streambar
This message was authored by Burychurch15 This message was authored by: Burychurch15

Is Now90s and 00s availible on Freesat?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Burychurch15  Please see this article about these channels https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/now-music-prepares-to-plug-gap-left-by-music-channel-closure/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Ev71 This message was authored by: Ev71

Isn't Channel 998 already in HD (just not labelled as such)?

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

@Ev71 wrote:

Isn't Channel 998 already in HD (just not labelled as such)?

998 is in HD for HD boxes only. I think it's meant that it's going to be in HD for all boxes now. 

This message was authored by UT393 This message was authored by: UT393

@ZyloKai They will doubtless now be circumspect on whether 899/950/998 a couple of additional HD relocation overflow channels are omitted, In particular 999 does have issues closed by SD a unique latest Sky info.  

This message was authored by Braysoj This message was authored by: Braysoj

Liverpool fc tv sky streams

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/mutv-and-lfctv-join-sky-glass-and-sky-stream/  I read a news article about it when will it go live on sky streams 

This message was authored by John+T+G This message was authored by: John+T+G

If I knew all the best music channels were going "satellie only", I wouldn't have signed up for the stream service. I feel robbed as they are charging the same amount for considerbly less channels. I'll ride this out, but if they don't come on streaming in the next year, I am outta here.

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

@UT393 wrote:

@ZyloKai They will doubtless now be circumspect on whether 899/950/998 a couple of additional HD relocation overflow channels are omitted, In particular 999 does have issues closed by SD a unique latest Sky info.  

Channels 899 and 950 are channel buffers for the adult section and are very unlikely to be removed. Ofcom states that clear segregation is required for adult channels and Sky adding 899 and 950 is one way of doing this.

Channel 999 was originally a "Welcome channel" that did at one time broadcast more in-depth and additional information to the Sky Intro channel (998). However, in recent years, channel 999 was a duplicate of channel 998,  and with the removal of channels on older SD only boxes, channel 999 became obsolete, hence its recent removal.

In regard to channels 899 and 950, Ofcom states:

In addition to the Broadcasting Code, Ofcom occasionally releases guidance documents to clarify these rules. These documents often emphasize the importance of effective access controls and clear segregation of adult content. For instance:

• Guidance on Rule 1.19: This might include recommendations for password-protected access or PIN systems for adult channels.
  • Policy Position on Harmful and Offensive Content: This outlines the need for careful scheduling and segregation to prevent inadvertent exposure.

Re: Liverpool fc tv sky streams

@Braysoj   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same topic, a new thread isn't required.

Please see post number 1 of this thread

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@John+T+G wrote:

If I knew all the best music channels were going "satellie only", I wouldn't have signed up for the stream service. I feel robbed as they are charging the same amount for considerbly less channels. I'll ride this out, but if they don't come on streaming in the next year, I am outta here.

Which music channels that were on Stream are now "satellite only" ? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by MaccyD221 This message was authored by: MaccyD221

Hey @Daniel-F @Kelsingra do you guys know what changes are happening next week?

KBurrows

@MaccyD221  Keep an eye on the 1st post in this thread, as it will be updated ona regular basis.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@MaccyD221 Normally they are updated on a Friday so hopefully maybe tomorrow

@Super+Anthony  It's never updated on a weekend, so any updates will be next week 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion