Discussion topic: Change

This message was authored by FellipeBR This message was authored by: FellipeBR

Change

Is there a channel that I can have translated into Portuguese because I don't speak fluent English, I hired Sky but I can't take advantage of it.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Change

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FellipeBR 

There is no translation facility with Sky TV platforms. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

I don't understand why someone would subscribe to a service they cannot use 😞

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@FellipeBR 

No, that just isn't a thing with any current television service. Technology exists which could make it possible, but there would also have to be a business model (presumably based on an additional subscription) to do so.

I'm not aware of any Portuguese language channel which holds a UK broadcast licence: without such a licence they cannot be carried on Sky.

If there are free-to-air Portuguese language broadcasts on satellite with a footprint over the UK, you could look at obtaining a dish and receiver for that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@FellipeBR 

A quick look online would appear to indicate you'd need a dish pointing at Hotbird 13E (plus a compatible receiver) to get RTPi, assuming it has a viable footprint over the UK.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

There was a (Brazilian) Portuguese channel called Record TV available on Sky from 2003-2020, but there is nothing in that language now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion