Discussion topic: Can I use my Sky ID login to use the NOW TV app on a streaming stick?

This message was authored by Alex4D This message was authored by: Alex4D

Can I use my Sky ID login to use the NOW TV app on a streaming stick?

After 18 years of sharing a satellite dish to watch Sky, an unscrupulous freelance engineer told her that we could no longer have her Sky+ box and my Sky Q box connected to the same dish, so my box was disconnected a few weeks ago while I was away.

I've made an appointement for Sky to install a new dish (or just get the right LNB for the both of us), but that is in three weeks.

For now I'd like to use the NOW TV app on my streaming stick to get access to Sky services.

According to this help page on the Now TV site https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-id-and-now 

If you're a Sky customer looking to create a NOW account, you can use the same details to sign up as you use for Sky, but they'll be held separately. So your NOW account will be independent from your Sky account.

When I read this, I thought that I could use my Sky ID to log into NOW TV. That didn’t work.

Does it mean that I can use the same username and password with a new NOW TV account, but I just have to pay NOW TV to access the same content and Sky?

Thanks!

Alex

Best Answers
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Re: Can I use my Sky ID login to use the NOW TV app on a streaming stick?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Alex4D   There is nothing special about a Sky ID. It can be used anywhere you want including Now TV. For security reasons it is recommended that you don't use the same password. Treat Now TV and Sky as completely different systems and subscriptions. Paying Now TV does not pay for Sky TV and vice versa.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Hi @Alex4D   There is nothing special about a Sky ID. It can be used anywhere you want including Now TV. For security reasons it is recommended that you don't use the same password. Treat Now TV and Sky as completely different systems and subscriptions. Paying Now TV does not pay for Sky TV and vice versa.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Alex4D wrote:

Does it mean that I can use the same username and password with a new NOW TV account, but I just have to pay NOW TV to access the same content and Sky?

The bit you quoted does say this:

but they'll be held separately. So your NOW account will be independent from your Sky account.

So while you can use the same details you will have to pay separately for NowTV as being a Sky customer doesn't give you access to any Now content.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Alex4D wrote:

After 18 years of sharing a satellite dish to watch Sky.....

Sharing a dish with who?

Alex4D
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alex4D This message was authored by: Alex4D

Sorry, you're right, I edited a couple of words out in the first sentance:

After 18 years of sharing a satellite dish to watch Sky, an unscrupulous freelance engineer told her

should have been

After 18 years of sharing a satellite dish with an upstairs neighbour to watch Sky, an unscrupulous freelance engineer told her

Cheers!

A

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion