Discussion topic: Bbc1 Northern Ireland has gone from the planner.

This message was authored by Giman67 This message was authored by: Giman67

Bbc1 Northern Ireland has gone from the planner.

Why has BBC 1 Northern Ireland gone from the planner?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Bbc1 Northern Ireland has gone from the planner.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried 101 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

What area you in?  (Northern Ireland,  Republic of Ireland, Scotland, North East England etc)

Do you get hd channels?

I ask as Bbc have been shutting down standard definition (sd) feeds and going to hd, replacing the regional sd feeds

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

If you are using an old SD-only box you will see "BBC One" on 101 (UK)/141 (Ireland) and "BBC Two" on channel 102 (UK)/142 (Ireland) and you will see BBC One Northern Ireland HD on 801 (UK)/832 (Ireland) and BBC Two Northern Ireland HD on 802/844 (Ireland).

On 24 January 2023:

• BBC One SD (internally called BBC One Nightlight) replaced BBC One Northern Ireland SD and BBC One South SD
  • BBC One (Nightlight) SD is a national version of BBC One with no regional news and programming. 
  • BBC One NI SD and BBC Two NI SD closed
  • BBC Two (Network) SD moved from channel 969 to 102/802 (UK) / 142/844 (Ireland) - HD swapped.
  • The network version of BBC Two is for England and Scotland.
  • More info on the BBC HD upgrade can be found at: https://www.hdsatelliteupgrade.co.uk/

BBC One is making all its channels HD-only. All BBC One HD regions are currently being rolled out and will be completed by the end of February 2023. All BBC SD channels will close by the end of March 2024.

You can get a free upgrade to Sky Q from Sky by contacting them. More info can be found at: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/bbcupgrade

Please note, one does not need the HD package for BBC HD channels, ITV HD channels, UTV HD, STV HD, Channel 4 HD, S4C HD, Channel 5 HD as these are free-to-air

Giman67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Giman67 This message was authored by: Giman67

I live in Yorkshire and have Sky q. I previously had BBC 1 Northern Ireland hd on Channel 953.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Giman67 wrote:

I live in Yorkshire and have Sky q. I previously had BBC 1 Northern Ireland hd on Channel 953.

@Giman67 

Tuesday 24th January

All of the below BBC changes are satellite only - Sky Glass is unaffected

• BBC One SD Nightlight launches at 101 initially for BBC South on Jan 24th, and gradually in the other regions as they go HD

The BBC One Nightlight services will smart swap with the new HD regional services that launch at 801 in the coming weeks

• BBC One SD (ROI) Nightlight launches at  141 in Ireland
  • ​BBC One South HD launches to 801 (smart swapped with BBC One SD Nightlight at 101) and replaces BBC One South SD at 964
  • BBC One NI SD (953/101) closes - existing BBC One NI HD remains at 979 and 801 (801 smart swapped with BBC One SD Nightlight at 101)
  • BBC One NI SD ROI replaced by BBC One SD ROI Nightlight at 141 (smart swapped with BBC One NI HD ROI at 832)
  • ​BBC Two NI SD (972/102) closes - existing BBC Two NI HD remains at 970 and 802 (802 smart swapped with BBC Two England at 102)
  • ​BBC Two NI SD ROI replaced by BBC Two England ROI at 142 (smart swapped with BBC Two NI HD ROI at 844)
  • BBC Two England ROI closes at 969 in ROI
  • BBC Two England closes at 969 in NI

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Giman67 As per Sky's guide here,

• ​BBC One NI SD (953/101) closes - existing BBC One NI HD remains at 979 and 801 (801 smart swapped with BBC One SD Nightlight at 101)

It should be on Ch 979

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion