Discussion topic: Unable to access Sky Talk Shield

This message was authored by BlueManc64 This message was authored by: BlueManc64

Unable to access Sky Talk Shield

I am unable to access Sky Talk Shield, all the links just take me to an error message. Has this supposedly been resolved as i want to block a number and can't access it or see any blocked numbers list.

All Replies

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Re: Unable to access Sky Talk Shield

I telephoned Sky re this problem on Saturday.   Apparently this error is happening on some accounts and they are looking into why.  I hope they fix it soon.

BlueManc64
Topic Author
This message was authored by BlueManc64 This message was authored by: BlueManc64

Ok thanks for the info. I've seen posts on here about issues with it for a few weeks. Its a miracle you can actually find a number on their website to speak to a real person.

This message was authored by myke5 This message was authored by: myke5

Not much help but i have been having the same problem for about 2 weeks now

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

Sky shield talk still not working despite reports here it has been fixed. Rubbish

Sky shield talk still not working despite reports here that problem has been fixed. Sky have been lookong at this for me for a week now, very annoying as the reset has activated the shield but none of my previously saved numbers are active.  Plus i cannot access it to add/remove numberss on my iphone or ipad

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky shield talk still not working despite reports here it has been fixed. Rubbish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you have reported this issue to Sky then there is not much you can do but to perhaps contact them for an update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Re: Sky shield talk still not working despite reports here it has been fixed. Rubbish

@Fleursmom @Yes, I phoned Sky re Talk Shield a week ago.  It is working on the 'phone for me but I cannot access Talk Shield settings in either the My Sky app or on the website.  All I get is "Whoops there is an error......  Try again later.  A Sky adviser informed me that this is happening on some accounts and they are trying to find out why.  It would be helpful if Sky could give an update.

This message was authored by audray This message was authored by: audray

I am getting all these issues the whoops. All my star numbers and blocked are missing when I  acess via phone.  I am in contact with sky back and forth my message where they as a different question each time but getting nowhere.   They must be aware others have the same issue but are acting as though it's just me that has the problem,.  This really has been going on to long and they should at least put their hands up and admits there is an issue. Too many of us seem to have it 

This message was authored by Chris4824 This message was authored by: Chris4824

Like others, I've tried resets, reloading the app on my phone, and accessing my account on the PC. Sadly I too get no further than the "whoops" message.  I've had Sky Talk for many years but I have yet to succeed in blocking any numbers.  It feels like a pretty persistent issue but I have to question the diligence with which Sky are tackling it, as it's been going on for so long. It would be helpful to hear from someone who has actually made it work, just to ease my paranoia!

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

Had another call from sky this evening. It is quite clear that the call centre staff knew nothing about it.  After checking with her manager FINALLY they comfirmed it is a IT issue at their end🙈 Could not confirm when it would be fixed. Whar a waste of what seems to be hours of my time, plus the annoyance of call blocker not working

This message was authored by Jitty1 This message was authored by: Jitty1

I have this problem also , it's been happening for a couple of weeks , just phoned up Sky and was told that no one else had reported this problem, told me to access it from another device, which I did but still got the same message , not very helpful at all even told me to try and borrow a laptop to try on there , getting frustrated now as cannot change anything 😠

When I spoke to Sky just over a week ago, the adviser was aware of the problem.  I access my Sky Talk Shield settings regularly and I agree this issue is now becoming frustrating.  I just wish Sky would acknowledge this problem and issue an update on the forum.

This message was authored by myke5 This message was authored by: myke5

Jewers, what number did u call them on as ive tried & only get a robot

BlueManc64
Topic Author

Update, i emailed Sky and just received further links to sort out Sky Shield, all of which got error messages and didn't work. Total waste of time.

@myke5 I telephoned 150 on my landline.  I rang on a Saturday morning and must have been lucky by getting an adviser who was aware of the issue.  This really is unsatisfactory and i cannot understand why it has not been rectified by now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion