Discussion topic: Setting up landline

This message was authored by HElizabeth This message was authored by: HElizabeth

Setting up landline

I have just got a landline telephone. I have my sky landline number but it doesn't seem to be working. It is not receiving calls or able to make calls. Does my landline need to be activated by sky? I have had sky broadband which has been activated since February and thought broadband and talk would be as one. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Setting up landline

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does your Sky Broadband Hub have a Voice light which is lit? If so, is your phone plugged into the socket at the back of the Hub? It won't work if it's plugged into the normal wall socket. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does your Sky Broadband Hub have a Voice light which is lit? If so, is your phone plugged into the socket at the back of the Hub? It won't work if it's plugged into the normal wall socket. 

HElizabeth
Topic Author
This message was authored by HElizabeth This message was authored by: HElizabeth

Thanks so much! I had it plugged into the wall and not the hub. It is working now, thanks again!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion