Discussion topic: Landline is down

This message was authored by Marksparks This message was authored by: Marksparks

Landline is down

Landline is not working.  No phone tone or internet connection.  Sky checker says everything is ok. My neighbour has the same issue and they are with Vodaphone who say the line is disconnected.  Other neighbours are also having the same issue.  Need sky to send organise an enginery to fix.  

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Landline is down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/fire-bt-exchange-cuts-7000-9033127.amp 

This incident affects at least 7000 addresses and all ISPs: there's no point in service providers booking attendance at individual subscriber properties within the exchange region.

Obviously such things get Openreach priority, but then take as long as it takes to resolve.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daw921 This message was authored by: Daw921

Same with me since 30 minutes and few friend

Marksparks
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marksparks This message was authored by: Marksparks

Vodaphone have sent an alert to their customers mentioning that the whole area is out due to a fire at a local exchange.  Sky still seem to think it's connected ok!  

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/fire-bt-exchange-cuts-7000-9033127.amp 

This incident affects at least 7000 addresses and all ISPs: there's no point in service providers booking attendance at individual subscriber properties within the exchange region.

Obviously such things get Openreach priority, but then take as long as it takes to resolve.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Marksparks
Topic Author

Thanks, the  service provider (sky) could let its customers know there was an issue like this. Vodaphone, BT and  Plusnet  issued this to their customers so that they were informed. Sky just told me everything was ok and I had an internal issue which is why I wasted my time  asking for an engineer.  Pretty poor I would say. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion