Discussion topic: How do i find out when my phone will be switched to voip?

This message was authored by ColU This message was authored by: ColU

How do i find out when my phone will be switched to voip?

I am interested in finding out when my phone line will be switched over to voip. Just forward planning for room redecoration

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How do i find out when my phone will be switched to voip?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ColU 

The deadline for national PSTN switch-off has just slipped by two years so that's even more impossible to predict for any individual address.

Within its results for the full year to 31 March 2024, BT Group said, “Following the industry-wide pause to non-voluntary migrations in December 2023, we now expect to have migrated all customers off the PSTN by the end of January 2027, allowing us to align the programme with full fibre broadband customer upgrades where available.”

It would happen if you chose to switch ISP or ordered a faster service though, because all new orders are now provisioned on SOGEA.

Providers have so far never revealed how they intended to change over households who didn't participate voluntarily through one of those processes: anticipated difficulty in doing so is a major reason for the date slippage.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion