Discussion topic: Unable to download programs from peacock

This message was authored by Cordelia67 This message was authored by: Cordelia67

Unable to download programs from peacock

Unable to download programs on peacock 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Peacock not Downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MissyBubz 
There are some downloading issues on Sky Q & Sky+ platforms which Sky are aware of and trying to fix. They have updated their status page as per this link
https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/tv 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unable to download programs from peacock

Why, what is happening. Can you dowload other programs from Catchup ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cordelia67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cordelia67 This message was authored by: Cordelia67

Yes can download from other Apps and programs but not Peacock it just keeps saying failed 

This message was authored by Dune2022 This message was authored by: Dune2022

Yes, I'm having the same problem with "Peacock" also on my "Sky +" box.  Tonight I started to watch "A Friend Of The Family" and I tried to download the second episode, only for it to reach a 101% (when normaly it only goes up to 100%) downloaded and it comes up as a failed download. I reset my internet hub (internet working fine) and reset my "Sky +" box (all good too) and I'm still unable to download that second  episode from "Peacock", I hope "Sky" fixes the problem real soon.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

There are some downloading issues on Sky Q & Sky+ platforms which Sky are aware of and trying to fix.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Peter+No This message was authored by: Peter+No

Yes, having the same issue here too.

Some of specifics to note:

-It acts as if its downloading but progresses beyond 100%, sometimes to 102%, sometimes to 124%, before moving to "FAILED" and "0% used" when you finally cancel it, 20mins later or more. Though it will often change to FAILED by itself at that point too.

-the issue seems to be changing in scope a little bit. Last night it effect most Catch Up services on Sky+. then it seemed to be mainly just Peacock, and now it's entire series on Peacock (but not some others on Peacock)

Obviously with so much material, that's just a matter of spot checks, but that seems to be the pattern. I don't know if that means they're getting closer to a fix or not.

This message was authored by MissyBubz This message was authored by: MissyBubz

Peacock not Downloading

I watched the first episode of Bel-air last night but then none of the others will download it just says "failed" - I even followed some instructions from sky and ended up wiping my whole sky box (like everything gone ! All recordings all scheduled recordings - it didn't warn that would happen) even had to reconnect my remote to the box. 

long story short; I've done everything I can to get it to work and still it will not download on my tv, I did managed to get it to download onto my phone so I can watch it but that doesn't fix the problem. 

every other thing I try and search to fix the problem gets me no where and I'm just going round in circles seems pointless it being available to U.K. sky users when you can't actually access it to watch on the tv (the way most people watch their Sky) 

Thank you to anyone in advance that can help me fix the problem although I won't hold my breath. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@MissyBubz 
There are some downloading issues on Sky Q & Sky+ platforms which Sky are aware of and trying to fix. They have updated their status page as per this link
https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/tv 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If you take a quick look at previous, recent posts here you'll see there's a known problem with downloads at the moment. Sky are aware and are investigating.

This message was authored by MissyBubz This message was authored by: MissyBubz

Some programmes on general catch up aren't Downloading now either, as I was obviously trying to reset everything for like an hour last night I missed a programme that was suppose to record and now it won't let me download it to watch so I've had to set it to record that one on Saturday when it's shown again. There's been one or two others I wanted to download and it just wouldn't let me it says 0% then goes to "download failed" within 5 seconds both on HD and SD 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MissyBubz 

Have you read the posts above yours as there is an ongoing issue with downloads at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Karl900 This message was authored by: Karl900

I have the same issues with Peacock 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Karl900 wrote:

I have the same issues with Peacock 

See the previous replies.

This message was authored by LulaC This message was authored by: LulaC

Are Sky actually doing anything about this? We've been waiting 3 days for episode 6 of A Friend of the Family to work. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@LulaC 

This issue was raised yesterday evening, not 3 days ago, and Sky are working to fix it. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion