Discussion topic: Sky showing wrong time?

This message was authored by ColinHedley This message was authored by: ColinHedley

Re: Sky showing wrong time?

Why caan Sky not solve an easy problem. Yes the storing is working ok but my aged parent is getting really confused with it. Just get it sorted!

This message was authored by weeyin This message was authored by: weeyin

@TH2018 wrote:

I won't be popular for this but to hell with it. 

This thread appears to me to be a microcosm of the current failing state of human intelligence, especially on the internet.

The thread is now 32-odd pages long, that's a minimum of 300 posts. At least ten pecent of those are posts saying the same thing - my Sky isn't showing the right time. WE KNOW! EVERYONE KNOWS BY NOW! Will you PLEASE stop posting this as if you were the first to notice it? It's been ongoing now since Saurday night and they are working on it. Please read the thread - at least a few posts - before putting up yet another moronic post about how shock horror this is happening. It's getting on my nerves.

If you take the time to read the thread you'll see that it is not just a case of pushing a button or resetting something. It's a software glitch that has to be tracked down, tested and run to make sure it's safe to unleash into the wild. I was an angry as all of you but now I know the situation and can accept it. Also it is NOT affecting recordings (despite my much earlier uninformed suggestion of recording the programme before the one you want) or live programming so it's just a pain. Yes it's difficult for those of an advanced age etc to get their heads around, and I'm not saying it's nothing, but here's the thing:

Sky know about it.

Sky are working on it.

All the shouting and screaming and threatening to hold your breath in the world will not speed up their process.

All you do by constantly **bleep** and asking for refunds (what?) is make yourself look foolish.

This thread should never have reached the position it is at now. The situation is in hand. Leave them to it. As Shakespeare said, the rest is silence.

Or if you prefer, a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I have no doubt this post will be ignored and everyone will continue screaming MY SKY IS NOT SHOWING THE RIGHT TIME! WHAT DO I DO???? 

Never a truer word said 👍. Good on you 👍

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ColinHedley wrote:

Why caan Sky not solve an easy problem. Yes the storing is working ok but my aged parent is getting really confused with it. Just get it sorted!

The fix is already available and instructions have been posted if you can be bothered to look for it 😉

This message was authored by weeyin This message was authored by: weeyin

@TH2018 wrote:

Can someone tell me how to quote here? I clicked the arrow but all it does is post a reply. I've seen others quoting (ie pasting in part of the post from someone else to whom they wish to address their comment) so it can be done, but I can't see how. Thanks.

Thank you so much for asking that I didn't know either and the reply means I do now.😊. Many thanks

This message was authored by Spider21 This message was authored by: Spider21

Here's the rub.  . If situations like this didn't occur once in a while we wouldn't need sky community. All the fascinating losers putting a blogs on here is great to read. . I love sky community regardless of losing my wife because of one digit being in the wrong place. . Long may it continue. . I'm off to mumsnet now to spell out more drivel.                                                                                                                                                                                                            NB. I wonder if it's not sky Q why she left me. (refer to page 29 first blog)

This message was authored by Darcy35 This message was authored by: Darcy35

Sky showing wrong time

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Darcy35 wrote:

Sky showing wrong time

Have you read the second post in this topic @Darcy35  as a fix has already been provided.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by NigelB100 This message was authored by: NigelB100

What is really annoying is that I can't see that SKY are responding and clearly they're not solving the problem.......why is this happening now when the clocks change twice a year and I don't recall there being a problem previously.

@NigelB100 

I take it you haven't read this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-showing-wrong-time/m-p/3820818/highlight/true#M126503

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Skyrobb3r5 This message was authored by: Skyrobb3r5

@weeyin wrote:

@TH2018 wrote:

I won't be popular for this but to hell with it. 

This thread appears to me to be a microcosm of the current failing state of human intelligence, especially on the internet.

The thread is now 32-odd pages long, that's a minimum of 300 posts. At least ten pecent of those are posts saying the same thing - my Sky isn't showing the right time. WE KNOW! EVERYONE KNOWS BY NOW! Will you PLEASE stop posting this as if you were the first to notice it? It's been ongoing now since Saurday night and they are working on it. Please read the thread - at least a few posts - before putting up yet another moronic post about how shock horror this is happening. It's getting on my nerves.

If you take the time to read the thread you'll see that it is not just a case of pushing a button or resetting something. It's a software glitch that has to be tracked down, tested and run to make sure it's safe to unleash into the wild. I was an angry as all of you but now I know the situation and can accept it. Also it is NOT affecting recordings (despite my much earlier uninformed suggestion of recording the programme before the one you want) or live programming so it's just a pain. Yes it's difficult for those of an advanced age etc to get their heads around, and I'm not saying it's nothing, but here's the thing:

Sky know about it.

Sky are working on it.

All the shouting and screaming and threatening to hold your breath in the world will not speed up their process.

All you do by constantly **bleep** and asking for refunds (what?) is make yourself look foolish.

This thread should never have reached the position it is at now. The situation is in hand. Leave them to it. As Shakespeare said, the rest is silence.

Or if you prefer, a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I have no doubt this post will be ignored and everyone will continue screaming MY SKY IS NOT SHOWING THE RIGHT TIME! WHAT DO I DO???? 

Never a truer word said 👍. Good on you 👍

Shakespeare eh?

"The time is out of joint; O curs'd spite".   Hamlet, referring to his dodgy Sky+ clock....

I'll get my coat..

This message was authored by lornahut This message was authored by: lornahut

Sky tv has not updated time ?......

Sky is one hour out of sink

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky tv has not updated time ?......

I am guessing you have SKY +

See this :

https://community.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-showing-wrong-time/td-p/3817274

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@lornahut You have posted on the Sky Q forum. Presume you have the issue with your Sky+. If so read the 1200+ posts on this issue on the correct forum. 

On second thoughts don't. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SkyNoWorking This message was authored by: SkyNoWorking

Sky time still showing wrong some 3 days later, I guess it's to make + users upgrade to to Q or Glass.

Have a read of this @lornahut :

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-showing-wrong-time/m-p/3820818/highlight/true#M126503

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion