Discussion topic: Sky+ not downloading

This message was authored by Karynelizabeth This message was authored by: Karynelizabeth

Sky+ not downloading

We run our Sky+ box wirelessly with our 4G router from 3 as no other internet works out where we stay. Although it takes ages to download, it always gets there in the end.

For the past week however no matter what I attempt to download it will run to up to 14% then crash and show "failed" or "scheduled" and will just loop constantly round the things I'm trying to download to no avail. 

To try to remedy this I connected the box to the WiFi by Ethernet to see if this would help but no difference at all.

I have disconnected every connection to the box and left it unplugged for 30 mins, reconnected it all but still the same thing happened.

I then did a system reset through the settings and cleared everything in my planner, downloads, scheduled etc hoping starting from scratch would fix it but it didn't and all I did was lose all the stuff in my planner.

Im at a loss now. Can't help but be suspicious that this started around the time I got a text from Sky asking me if I wanted to upgrade and to call them to discuss...

any help greatly appreciated!

thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky+ not downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you checked that these failed downloads are not in your deleted folder because if they are they will not deleting from there as well before you can try again to download them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Karynelizabeth
Topic Author
This message was authored by Karynelizabeth This message was authored by: Karynelizabeth

Hi, yes I've checked this- there are no items in my planner at all as I did a system reset. Just checked the deleted folder again and there are no items there. I've got two different programmes trying to download and the box is just looping between the two of them- getting to 6/7% then moving to the next one with nothing ever downloading 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What's the error message if you highlight a failed download in your Planner and press 'i' on your remote? From previous posts this kind of error can be related to your broadband service provider, if that's not Sky.

This message was authored by Fedup.com This message was authored by: Fedup.com

I to was contacted recently about an upgrade. Since then I have not been able to download at the speed I should be able to, very suspicious.

@Fedup.com wrote:

I to was contacted recently about an upgrade. Since then I have not been able to download at the speed I should be able to, very suspicious.

Coincidence. There are numerous unrelated factors that can affect your download speed.

This message was authored by Fedup.com This message was authored by: Fedup.com

Sure I agree, but nothing is impossible. Trying to get Sky to assist in not worth the effort I am afraid. 

Karynelizabeth
Topic Author

I did a system reset this morning so I don't have any failed messages anymore.

I'm currently trying to download two different episodes of two different shows and 1 is showing as downloading (as is usual before it fails) and one is scheduled. I'll check the error message as soon as I get another failed message. Sometimes it just says "part rec" but I'll check back later and see if there is a fail error. Thank you 

Karynelizabeth
Topic Author

I was confused about this. I didn't plan to upgrade but since then my box has not completed any downloads. We have had sky for 7 years and whilst our download speeds are exceptionally slow due to where we live I have never encountered these constant fail issues when downloading 

Karynelizabeth
Topic Author

I understand it may be coincidence but we have made no changes to our broadband provider (3 network) who we have used for many years. The only thing that I can say is that this happened after/ around the time I had the text from sky asking me if I wanted to upgrade.

This message was authored by Hambo45 This message was authored by: Hambo45

I've had the exact same problem for a week or so now and I'm also using a 4G router on the 3 network. We've got decent download speeds (100mbps+) but still failing to download. 

Karynelizabeth
Topic Author

We have just decided to upgrade so I'm hoping this fixes it! I don't suppose you've had an upgrade offer recently? My downloads stopped working right after I got a text about an upgrade. I find the timing a touch coincidental 

@Hambo45 wrote:

I've had the exact same problem for a week or so now and I'm also using a 4G router on the 3 network. We've got decent download speeds (100mbps+) but still failing to download. 

There appears to be an issue with Sky On Demand and 3's 4G service. There are a number of posts on the same subject in the Sky Q forum.

I don't know whether the same issue extends to their fixed line broadband service too.

This message was authored by spigby This message was authored by: spigby

Change the DNS on the sky box to 1.1.1.1 this will fix it for the timebeing.

This message was authored by Hambo45 This message was authored by: Hambo45

Worked. 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion