Discussion topic: Sky Signal

This message was authored by Ohwhatthehell This message was authored by: Ohwhatthehell

Sky Signal

I have not had a Sky signal since last night (5/09/24) at 8.30 pm?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky Signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

"No Signal" is an error generated by your TV indicating that it cannot find a device on the current input, check the correct input for your Sky box is selected

"No Satellite Signal" is an error generated by your Sky box, it has nothing to do with broadband (Internet connectivity) and usually indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned (not all transponders are getting through, thus some channels may be affected and others not)
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using
• You have plugged your Sky+ box into a dish that is only compatible with Sky Q

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q (all issues will be fixed during a Sky Q install), Sky Glass and Sky Stream

You may have to call out a local satellite installer, unless you already have Sky Protect insurance, to check/fix your system, another option is to move to Sky Q, as during the move all issues will be resolved as part of the install, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
Ohwhatthehell
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ohwhatthehell This message was authored by: Ohwhatthehell

The message I get is your box is still initialising, please return in a short time to use this feature.  How can I get sky to check whether I am getting a signal or not?

Thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If you still have menu access, press Services > Settings > Signal on your remote. The white part of all 4 bars should be at least half way across.

@Ohwhatthehell Did you get the bad storm last night? Have you tried rebooting your Sky box?

Ohwhatthehell
Topic Author

Yes we had a storm and I have rebooted the system a few times.

Thanks

@Ohwhatthehell wrote:

Yes we had a storm and I have rebooted the system a few times.

Thanks

I guess the storm moved the dish slightly 😞

For your Signal Strengths/Qualities? Take a look at the link below:

See question Q11 in my Sky Plus F⋅A⋅Q
Ohwhatthehell
Topic Author

Sky subscription

How do I unsubscribe from Sky and get my money back as they want to upgrade my system as the box is old and not supported and it will cost me £149.00 extra.  I am tired of Sky''s attitude

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky subscription

@Ohwhatthehell  What money do you think you are entitled to as you won't get anything back from monthly subscription costs 

if you wish to cancel/downgrade choose an option on the link below (which includes a message service - not available in ROI) (just click on yes I need more help)

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#M1014

Note that if your within a minimum term (most Sky contracts have a minimum term of 18 months) for the service you wish to cancel you may not be able to

Also note you have to give the required relevant notice to cancel which is 31 days for tv and 14 days for broadband

Additional information on Broadband: If you are changing to Virgin or cancelling broadband totally you'll have to contact Sky This link should help

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband#M1014

If you are changing to another ISP who uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf

If in ROI make sure the flag in bottom right hand corner is set to ROI and refresh the page before selecting an option

for reference cancellations are only confirmed once you have written email confirmation, also remember that if you are cancelling sky q or stream (where stream was ordered on or after 23/02/23) completely all equipment will need returning so make sure when sending back you obtain and keep very safe and indefinitely proof of postage, also note that billing continues as normal right upto and including last day of notice period and must be paid, any overpayment for days beyond termination date will be refunded within six weeks of termination date or you can call sky and they will refund within 3-5 working days once the credit is showing on your sky account

apparently best times to call are first thing in the morning 7am or last thing at night 9pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky subscription

@Ohwhatthehell wrote:

How do I unsubscribe from Sky and get my money back as they want to upgrade my system as the box is old and not supported and it will cost me £149.00 extra.  I am tired of Sky''s attitude

You could get a local satellite installer to check your dish alignment for you?

Ohwhatthehell
Topic Author

Nothing. look like not signal at all, I will take ask someone to look at the sky dish on as it could have move a wee bit.

thanks

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Ohwhatthehell  Are you on minimum term or rolling Sky subscription contract?

Sky+ subscriptions just give access to to Sky subscription services ... it is your responsibility to ensure you have equipment capable of receiving those services🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion