Discussion topic: Sky HD box DRX595 audio out

This message was authored by daba This message was authored by: daba

Sky HD box DRX595 audio out

At a sports bar, I look after the "technical" stuff for we are using HDMI Audio extraction boxes to get the feed to the amplifiers for the venue speakers.  These audio extractors can be troublesome, and occasionally need resetting (power-cycle).  They also need their own plug-top power supply.

These Sky boxes do not have audio out connectors on the back, but they have a SCART socket. Standard wiring for a SCART socket shows Audio Out (R) on pin 1, Audio Out (L) pin 3, and Audio GND on pin 4.

Am I right in thinking that these can be used instead of the HDMI extraction boxes ?

Isn't it just the same as hooking up a sound bar ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky HD box DRX595 audio out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daba wrote:

At a sports bar, I look after the "technical" stuff for we are using HDMI Audio extraction boxes to get the feed to the amplifiers for the venue speakers.  These audio extractors can be troublesome, and occasionally need resetting (power-cycle).  They also need their own plug-top power supply.

These Sky boxes do not have audio out connectors on the back, but they have a SCART socket. Standard wiring for a SCART socket shows Audio Out (R) on pin 1, Audio Out (L) pin 3, and Audio GND on pin 4.

Am I right in thinking that these can be used instead of the HDMI extraction boxes ?

Yes, you can use the scart outputs. A breakout cable or adaptor may help in getting the audio output connected to the amp's input. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky HD box DRX595 audio out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daba wrote:

Yes, you can use the scart outputs. A breakout cable or adaptor may help in getting the audio output connected to the amp's input. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion