Discussion topic: Searching on Sky Box Sets A to Z

This message was authored by Bobby++B This message was authored by: Bobby++B

Searching on Sky Box Sets A to Z

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help with this.  I used to be able to go to the Sky Box Sets, then under Genre there was an A to Z option where I could search for shows, in particular the new Star Trek series on Paramount +.  For some reason I no longer have the search box at the top of the screen here?  Has this been removed for some reason?  When I am on the screen for the A to Z is starts with all the shows begining with the number 1, so it would probably take me about 3 weeks to scroll down to the letter 'S'.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Answers
Bobby++B
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bobby++B This message was authored by: Bobby++B Answer

Re: Searching on Sky Box Sets A to Z

@oj01 , I have looked under sky cinema but that only showed movies not series/shows.  So had a look under Catch up......

Yes!!! it's there, thank you ever so much, this has been litterally driving me crazy. 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I can't see the search option either but as I have never used it I can't say if it has been removed. Another possible way to do this is to select Channels instead of Browser Genres as there is a search facility there. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Bobby++B
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bobby++B This message was authored by: Bobby++B

Thanks caesarome but when I go to Channels, Paramount + isn't listed even though I can see Paramount + on a couple of the shows that appear with a number in the name on the first page of the A to Z.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobby++B I think you are correct here as I believe that you used to be able to Search within the A-Z section.

However, you should be able to find Paramount + content within both the Catch Up Tile and Sky Cinema Tile 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
Bobby++B
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bobby++B This message was authored by: Bobby++B Answer

@oj01 , I have looked under sky cinema but that only showed movies not series/shows.  So had a look under Catch up......

Yes!!! it's there, thank you ever so much, this has been litterally driving me crazy. 🙂

This message was authored by Dave+on+Sky This message was authored by: Dave+on+Sky

I checked Sky TV during January 2023.  Unfortunately the A-Z search only works for channels, it does not work at the top level in Sky Box Sets.  Unless you know what channel a progrmme was broadcast under you are left with a manual scroll through every programme alphabetically which would take so long it makes Sky Box Sets almost useless.  What Sky need to do is simply re-introduce the function to search for all progarmmes at the top level in Sky Box Sets.  If they can set up the Sky+ HD box for that search by channels they should have the expertise to set it up for Sky Box Sets.  Come on Sky.  Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion