Discussion topic: Old sky mini box on demand issue

This message was authored by DebbieB1979 This message was authored by: DebbieB1979

Old sky mini box on demand issue

Hello

I've got an old style Sky box with separate mini box to connect to WiFi for on demand.

With different provider for broadband as sky don't offer fibre in my area and not had issues before but on demand and top picks aren't working.  It shows connected to WiFi is ok but on demand failing.

Can anyone help? I've tried rebuild of planner, rebooting WiFi rooter while turning off sky box but nothing working .

Many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Old sky mini box on demand issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DebbieB1979 

You have posted this on both the Sky+ and Sky Q boards. Mini boxes are Sky Q boxes. Can you confirm you have a Sky Q set up? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DebbieB1979
Topic Author
This message was authored by DebbieB1979 This message was authored by: DebbieB1979

Hello

We don't have Sky Q. We have the old style Sky+ box with separate mini box attached to be able to get on demand. I was struggling to find any solution so added comment to another post without realising that was for Sky Q

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@DebbieB1979 

Thanks. Your Sky Q post has been removed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DebbieB1979
Topic Author

Thanks. Are you able to help with my issue though?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you tried disconnecting the mini connector, rebooting your box again then plug the connector back in again but only once the box has finished loading up after 5 minutes or so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion