Discussion topic: Old Boxes phased out.

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

Old Boxes phased out.

Worth a read for those with old boxes.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-upgrade-old-boxes-blackout/

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Old Boxes phased out.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, indeed, hence the message displayed on SD channels, warning that older boxes won't be capable of receiving them later in the year.

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

man if its going to be like two months away its annoying having the message every hour its a shame they couldnt have made it like just when you bring the box out of standby

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@HeathHayle wrote:

its annoying having the message every hour 

I suspect it's meant to be annoying so that people with hardware about to become obsolete actually do something about it before the date arrives?

Sky+ to Sky Q has the required LNB change so there's an inevitable lead time for installer availability, and Sky really doesn't want the bad publicity if users can complain that 'we weren't warned'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

@TimmyBGood true I just hope I wont be stuck with the situation that when the time comes the message still happens even after the switch off because obviously then if I tried and get help from sky they would be like we dont support the boxes anymore and wont do anything about it

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@HeathHayle 

Unfortunately I'd suggest that anyone who chooses to continue to use hardware past the point where the manufacturer no longer supports it at all has to put up with whatever they get.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood true it could be worse it could be more than once a hour so it bearable

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@HeathHayle wrote:

@TimmyBGood true it could be worse it could be more than once a hour so it bearable

Yes it could be worse - if you watched the BBC SD channels before they switched  off  approx. 1/3 of the screen was always taken up with the warning for several weeks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion