Discussion topic: No satellite signal being received on certain channels.

This message was authored by Madhouse1964 This message was authored by: Madhouse1964

Re: No satellite signal being received on certain channels.

I've been having this same problem for months but the number of channels affected is growing. If I do the Restart Box thing it helps for a while. Why is that? My dish is on top of my roof so I don't think a Sky engineer will go up there, that's also a reason why I've been reluctant to upgrade from my old sky+hd box. I pay a lot of money each month to not be able to watch a lot of stuff, or you'll be half way through a programme which then disappears. 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Madhouse1964 You would need to call out an independent local satellite company to check your dish, LNB, cable set up to get you fully functional again. . In addition, If it was possible for them to relocate the dish that would open up the possibility of switching to Sky Q. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Madhouse1964 

You are correct. A Sky engineer wouldn't go onto a roof to examine your dish, however … 
Sky no longer deploy an engineer for Sky+ / Sky+HD issues. If your issue needs an engineer they will advise you of this and recommend you change your subscription to Sky Q, Sky Glass or Stream. If it’s a dish issue you will need to contact a local independent satellite engineer to investigate at your own expense. The exception to this is if you already have Sky Protect cover through Domestic and General Insurance whereby you can still contact D&G and request attendance.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion