Discussion topic: No satellite or catch-up TV

This message was authored by Diamond8Fox This message was authored by: Diamond8Fox

No satellite or catch-up TV

Satellite dish isn't connecting according to Screen messages and in the Signal strength locator. I've also lost access to my Catch-up & Planner recrdings despite Sky telling me thre are no problems in my area. Clearly, there are. I use Sky+  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: No satellite or catch-up TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Diamond8Fox wrote:

Error says there's no signal being received by the Sky box. I've looked in Services on Signal tab and all the indicators are empty regarding signal & strength. Yet it says its connected to my Router & everything is ok- but I can't reach catch-up or Recorded items. 

If you haven't already, check that the dish cable connections at the back of your Sky box are still secure. If theu are, it sounds like either your Sky box has failed, or there's a problem with your dish setup.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Regional problems with the signal broadcast from the satellites can't exist. For Catch Up the problem is likely to be the WiFi within your home unless your Sky box is connected by ehernet cable. 

As always the first thing to try is restarting your Sky box and router by switching off at the plug for 4 minutes. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Diamond8Fox  As per @Mark39  Satellite signals are not regional or local even, they cover an entire area, in this case the UK & Ireland and beyond. 

Have you tried a reboot?  if so and no better you may need to arrange a indepenadent installer to check your dish as Sky no longer support Sky+ setups.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Diamond8Fox
Topic Author
This message was authored by Diamond8Fox This message was authored by: Diamond8Fox

Hi. I've re-booted and re-set everything.  Still no progress. I xant understand why everyone has gone at the same time both satellite and WiFi via my Router. Thanks for your contact.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Diamond8Fox what error message are you seeing on screen?

Diamond8Fox
Topic Author

Error says there's no signal being received by the Sky box. I've looked in Services on Signal tab and all the indicators are empty regarding signal & strength. Yet it says its connected to my Router & everything is ok- but I can't reach catch-up or Recorded items. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Diamond8Fox wrote:

If you haven't already, check that the dish cable connections at the back of your Sky box are still secure. If theu are, it sounds like either your Sky box has failed, or there's a problem with your dish setup.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion