Discussion topic: Magic eye

This message was authored by jenniferjenni This message was authored by: jenniferjenni

Magic eye

I have just bought a new TV, connected my magic eye ,picture is ok but sound is all crackly changed Af but didn't hrlp

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Magic eye

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jenniferjenni wrote:

I have just bought a new TV, connected my magic eye ,picture is ok but sound is all crackly changed Af but didn't hrlp

You mean you changed the RF Output Channel in your Sky box settings? Try a couple more channels. Did the RF connection work ok with your previous TV recently?

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@jenniferjenni wrote:

You mean you changed the RF Output Channel in your Sky box settings? Try a couple more channels. Did the RF connection work ok with your previous TV recently?

jenniferjenni
Topic Author
This message was authored by jenniferjenni This message was authored by: jenniferjenni

Yes I tried a few different af output numbers, just plugged it all back in yo old TV and sound is great

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If there's no problem with the coax cable connected to your old tv, there's no fault with your Sky box. 

Some new tvs are configured for the European market rather than the UK. That might be causing the sound issue (usually it results in no sound, but if it's not muted, it will result in white, static like noise). Check that your TV's analogue tuner is set to PAL-I (the UK standard) not PAL-B/G (Europe). All TVs are different so you would need to check the manual for how.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion