Discussion topic: I have to use my pin on sky comedy and sky atlantic everytime despite having a sky signature account

This message was authored by bobmail This message was authored by: bobmail

I have to use my pin on sky comedy and sky atlantic everytime despite having a sky signature account

Is there any way to solve this problem please? All my other sky accounts are fine

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: I have to use my pin on sky comedy and sky atlantic everytime despite having a sky signature acc

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bobmail 

Atlantic, Comedy and Documentaries are taking advantage of a recent change in the Broadcasting Code to transmit 'post-watershed' content before 21:00.  When they are doing so the 'Mandatory Daytime Protection' PIN required by the Code applies: this cannot be removed by a subscriber.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: I have to use my pin on sky comedy and sky atlantic everytime despite having a sky signature acc

It's working as expected, see my FAQ for an explanation

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@bobmail 

Atlantic, Comedy and Documentaries are taking advantage of a recent change in the Broadcasting Code to transmit 'post-watershed' content before 21:00.  When they are doing so the 'Mandatory Daytime Protection' PIN required by the Code applies: this cannot be removed by a subscriber.

This message was authored by DF500 This message was authored by: DF500

Why is there no option to completely remove this PIN ? our houshold consists entirely of people all over the age of 40. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@DF500 wrote:

Why is there no option to completely remove this PIN ? our houshold consists entirely of people all over the age of 40. 

Ask OFCOM

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DF500 

As @Annie+UK indicates, because there is no provision for that in the relevant regulation and underlying legislation.  Remember that this essentially dates from the 'moral panic' which accompanied the arrival of non-terrestrial television, and consequently isn't particularly rational (and long pre-dates streaming services).

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion