Discussion topic: sky stream keeps freezing and jumping since reboot after update

This message was authored by QuaysGary This message was authored by: QuaysGary

sky stream keeps freezing and jumping since reboot after update

Hi 

Since the problem with the update a couple of days ago, my sky stream has ben quite erratic with constant mini freezes where the picture freezes for a second or so. it worked fine for a couple of months before this so it seems likely that the update has caused the issue. Anyone else having this issue? Im connected via wifi and the wifi speed is reported as 300mps so surely this should be sufficient 

All Replies

This message was authored by kbroadway This message was authored by: kbroadway

Re: sky stream keeps freezing and jumping since reboot after update

I am having the same issues to be honest it's a very poor service, the playlist keeps freezing and puck keeps shutting down 

This message was authored by SarahFoxrock This message was authored by: SarahFoxrock

Same for me. So frustrating. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@QuaysGary wrote:

Hi 

Since the problem with the update a couple of days ago, my sky stream has ben quite erratic with constant mini freezes where the picture freezes for a second or so. it worked fine for a couple of months before this so it seems likely that the update has caused the issue. Anyone else having this issue? Im connected via wifi and the wifi speed is reported as 300mps so surely this should be sufficient 

Is that speed reported by the Netflix Network check?

Exiled in HH
QuaysGary
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH yes it is through netflix that Im checking my speed. The speed reported previously was always higher than this (about 432MBP) but I still think the current speed should suffice. My wifi network as reported on my phone and PC hasnt changed any so it would seem to be something to do with the puck 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@QuaysGary  Do all broadcast channels and apps have the freezing issue?

Your speed should far far more than adequate ... who is your ISP?

Exiled in HH
QuaysGary
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH 

It seems to across live broadcast channels but not in netflix. Im with hyperoptic (i know right)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion