Discussion topic: recording

This message was authored by 1954eamonn This message was authored by: 1954eamonn

recording

can anyone tell me why I cant recorked a film or put it in the cloud when it is on terrestrial tv this is so bad and if they put one on sky showcase or any max etc it want let you see it and the same with highlights of sport why let you set it up if you cannot do it. Are sky so tight.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The default selection is Sky Cinema, but it does also flag its available to be watched on BBC IPlayer and provides the link to the iPlayer version you can click on.

I've seen it do this for films that are available on both Sky Cinema and other apps like Netflix or Paramount + as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

1954eamonn
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1954eamonn This message was authored by: 1954eamonn

SUB

Can any one help I cant get the subtitles to work on my sky stream I press the 3 buttons on remote and  go to subtitles on and still does not work have turned of and on at the mains and no joy 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Happy to try to help, but we'll need to know what Sky platform you have (Sky Q, Sky Glass etc) amd specific examples of things you can't record. Also what error message you see when you try.

1954eamonn
Topic Author

Hello I have the sky puck stream

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@1954eamonn  Sky Glass/Stream Pucks don't record, they add items to a playlist, please see info here 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

@1954eamonn 

As far as your subtitle problem is concerned, if you search for the word "subtitles" on this forum you will find that this is a very common problem with newly supplied pucks.

In order to get subtitles to work you may have to perform a factory reset, but Sky advise that this procedure should only be done under their guidance.  You will have to telephone Sky to carry this out.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@1954eamonn wrote:

can anyone tell me why I cant recorked a film or put it in the cloud when it is on terrestrial tv 

Stream (and Glass) has no local recording ability, so by definition it cannot capture anything received over the DTTV tuner.  For that you'd need a Freeview recorder.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
1954eamonn
Topic Author

I know that but I should still be able to save like you do with a tv show 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@1954eamonn  Channels such as BBC, ITV, CH4 & Ch5 all use theior own on demand apps, for BBC content will be within the iPlayer ITV will be within ITV-X etc, it's worth nothing that these channels may not neccessarily have the rights for on-demand/catchup.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

1954eamonn
Topic Author

Yes but when you save a film if it is on sky cinema it want let you watch it on the apps it you save it to your play list

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@1954eamonn wrote:

Yes but when you save a film if it is on sky cinema it want let you watch it on the apps it you save it to your play list

It won't let you watch it if you don't subscribe to Sky Cinema. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@1954eamonn wrote:

So things won't cloud recording from Sky Showcase, as that is essentially replaying content from one of other premium sky channels like Sports or Cinema. Essentially Sky Showcase is a channel designed to showcase shows from the premium packs that can only be watched live. Its designed to encourage customers to sign up to the likes of Sky Sports or Sky Cinema.

For films broadcast on other channels, it completely depends on if they have the on-demand rights for those films on their own apps. As an example on Friday BBC One aired Ghostbusters Afterlife, so if you added this to your playlist is will link to the on-demand version on the BBC IPlayer for the 30 days that BBC have it available on the iPlayer. 

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@1954eamonn wrote:

So things won't cloud recording from Sky Showcase, as that is essentially replaying content from one of other premium sky channels like Sports or Cinema. Essentially Sky Showcase is a channel designed to showcase shows from the premium packs that can only be watched live. Its designed to encourage customers to sign up to the likes of Sky Sports or Sky Cinema.

For films broadcast on other channels, it completely depends on if they have the on-demand rights for those films on their own apps. As an example on Friday BBC One aired Ghostbusters Afterlife, so if you added this to your playlist is will link to the on-demand version on the BBC IPlayer for the 30 days that BBC have it available on the iPlayer. 

What about the original Ghostbusters? It's available on both iPlayer & Sky Cinema at the moment. Does Sky push you to the Sky Cinema version first? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

The default selection is Sky Cinema, but it does also flag its available to be watched on BBC IPlayer and provides the link to the iPlayer version you can click on.

I've seen it do this for films that are available on both Sky Cinema and other apps like Netflix or Paramount + as well.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion