Discussion topic: "we are having technical issues" at checkout

This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

"we are having technical issues" at checkout

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I've spent the afternoon trying to buy Sky Stream and Sky Sports on Sky's website, but every time it goes to process the order it comes back with something like "Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later"

I've tried two different browsers, etc...

I even phoned up Sky, 30 minite wait time, but they could not help, and couldn't process the offer I was trying to get as it was not listed on their systems, the last sales agent I spoke to even said she was unsure if it a real Sky offer....!

They could however sell me Sky Stream at a high price!

It's impossible to get any help or insight as to what is wrong.

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: "we are having technical issues" at checkout

@Chris4Stream wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I've spent the afternoon trying to buy Sky Stream and Sky Sports on Sky's website, but every time it goes to process the order it comes back with something like "Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later"

I've tried two different browsers, etc...

I even phoned up Sky, 30 minite wait time, but they could not help, and couldn't process the offer I was trying to get as it was not listed on their systems, the last sales agent I spoke to even said she was unsure if it a real Sky offer....!

They could however sell me Sky Stream at a high price!

It's impossible to get any help or insight as to what is wrong.

If you have any other Sky products or were a previous Sky customer then this is usually what happens. The online ordering only usually works successfully for new customers using a new email address and setting up a SkyID for the first time. Stupid, I know. 

You could try again using incognito mode on a Chrome browser and use a different email address to register the account. 

Chris4Stream
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

Re: "we are having technical issues" at checkout

Hi @SlenderRobert 

Many thanks for the advice.

I've actually just managed to place the order 😀

I just used a new email address and the order processed without any problems!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion