Discussion topic: fast foward

This message was authored by fredy1 This message was authored by: fredy1

fast foward

why do i have to pay to fast foward **bleep** adds, or is it just to rob more money out of you?. why dosent it tell you yhis when you sign up

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: fast foward

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You don't have to. Just sit through them instead.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@fredy1 wrote:

why do i have to pay to fast foward **bleep** adds, or is it just to rob more money out of you?. why dosent it tell you yhis when you sign up

It does tell you this if you do your research and read all the information about the Sky streaming platform on their website.

The reason for it, because the broadcasters need whatever advertising revenue they can get, and with advertising revenue decreasing the advertisers want to make sure people actually are viewing the ads they are paying for. 

All streaming services are dong this, offering an additional charge for the removal of ads for their service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@fredy1 

They do. On the Sky stream site here: https://www.sky.com/tv/stream

The legal bit states:

"Streaming TV subscription:

Ad Skipping Add On which allows you to fast forward ads (£5pm)"

They also have an article outlining the function here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
fredy1
Topic Author
This message was authored by fredy1 This message was authored by: fredy1

The sales rep that sold it to me never mentioned it. Also terrestrial stations can't FF either.

Won't be renewing my contract with the robbing iceholes

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@fredy1 wrote:

The sales rep that sold it to me never mentioned it.

Why would they? It's hardly a selling point.

This message was authored by dino9898 This message was authored by: dino9898

Sky Add skipping is not great at the best of times. But to be fair here a fiver a month to skip ads on certain channels is hardly high priced. Its the price of a pint or a coffee in some places. I dont buy ad skipping on any other service such as prime but have it for the year with Sky - its worth it for box sets - which I do a lot of re-watches on (sad I know ) and so Its hardly a rip off. I just wish they would improve the technology for the ad skip service.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion