Discussion topic: Why does the sky glass puck have a coaxial uhf connector if you can't use it!

This message was authored by Lesleg123 This message was authored by: Lesleg123

Why does the sky glass puck have a coaxial uhf connector if you can't use it!

I've just been told by a sky call centre employee that the uhf aerial connector (on the Puck) doesn't work.

Is that right?

What happens if there's a problem with my broadband?

Does that mean I wont be able to watch TV at all if I am viewing via a puck?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Why does the sky glass puck have a coaxial uhf connector if you can't use it!

@Lesleg123 wrote:

I've just been told by a sky call centre employee that the uhf aerial connector (on the Puck) doesn't work.

Is that right?

Correct. No broadband = no TV from a puck. 

The aerial connector is there for the European market and is not functional in the UK. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Why does the sky glass puck have a coaxial uhf connector if you can't use it!

@Lesleg123 wrote:

Is that right?

Correct. No broadband = no TV from a puck. 

The aerial connector is there for the European market and is not functional in the UK. 

This message was authored by GordonTGopher This message was authored by: GordonTGopher

Posted by a Sky employee

The aerial input on Glass is a fall back option when there is no broadband but in your case with the Stream box you would just connect the aerial direct to the TV itself.

This message was authored by Once+Loyal+Custom This message was authored by: Once+Loyal+Custom

The Coaxial input did work this morning  very well just after my sky subscription ended.

however, after a couple of hours those cash hungry team at Sky turned it off 😡 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Once+Loyal+Custom wrote:

however, after a couple of hours those cash hungry team at Sky turned it off 😡 

There should be no expectation to have DTTV access through a Stream Puck, with or without a subscription.

A Glass television should do so, but a Sky account needs to be maintained even when there's no associated subscription in place.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion