Discussion topic: Stream puck says out of range??

This message was authored by Rob+AB This message was authored by: Rob+AB

Stream puck says out of range??

Hi. Have just moved to sky glass and stream from Sky q. Puck works fine on one tv but when trying it on an older 1080p tv in bedroom I just get an  out of range message on the screen. Any ideas? Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Stream puck says out of range??

@Rob+AB wrote:

Thanks all

Yes it is not the wi-fi as I got the out of range message before I could even configure the wi-fi.

It appears the TV doesn't like the input. Question is what can be done to fix it?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Using your Stream puck remote press HOME, followed by the numbers 1, 0, 8, 0 and press HOME again. That should reset the video output to the native 1080i.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Rob+AB 

What picture mode is the Stream in? Is it possible you've got it set to 2160p for the TV that works? 

Thanks, 

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Rob+AB wrote:

Hi. Have just moved to sky glass and stream from Sky q. Puck works fine on one tv but when trying it on an older 1080p tv in bedroom I just get an  out of range message on the screen. Any ideas? Thanks

Are you sure that's a message from the Stream puck and not your TV or some other device?

How fast is your broadband in the bedroom? It needs to be fast and stable for Stream to have any chance of functioning. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rob+AB wrote:

I just get an  out of range message on the screen.

As @Tim+Adams indicates, 'out of range' in this context almost certainly relates to video output resolution rather than WiFi, although it's undoubtedly confusing (and inherited from the days of CRT)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Rob+AB
Topic Author

Thanks all

Yes it is not the wi-fi as I got the out of range message before I could even configure the wi-fi.

It appears the TV doesn't like the input. Question is what can be done to fix it?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@Rob+AB wrote:

Thanks all

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Using your Stream puck remote press HOME, followed by the numbers 1, 0, 8, 0 and press HOME again. That should reset the video output to the native 1080i.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Rob+AB 

Plug it back into the original tv and change the setting in picture to 1080 only 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Rob+AB
Topic Author

Thanks Slender Rob

I turned on the puck ready to follow your advice

As it booted up the screen showed 1080i and the puck started working fine

Seems strange but I'm happy it is now working.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Rob

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion