Discussion topic: Stream not connecting after switch to a different isp

This message was authored by Hunter2660 This message was authored by: Hunter2660

Stream not connecting after switch to a different isp

Hi need a little help please. Today we switched from BT (fttc) to a local provider (fttp). Short story is having connected Stream via ethernet, we get the "can't view in this location" message. Will I have to contact Sky to resolve this, or will a factory reset cure it?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: Stream not connecting after switch to a different isp

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Hi need a little help please. Today we switched from BT (fttc) to a local provider (fttp). Short story is having connected Stream via ethernet, we get the "can't view in this location" message. Will I have to contact Sky to resolve this, or will a factory reset cure it?

Sounds more like your ISP has allocated you an IP address not in the UK, or at least not close enough to your actual location. 

Check to see what it says in this web page:

https://www.whatismyip.com/ 

If it says anything other than your home location then you'll need to ring your ISP. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Sounds more like your ISP has allocated you an IP address not in the UK, or at least not close enough to your actual location. 

Check to see what it says in this web page:

https://www.whatismyip.com/ 

If it says anything other than your home location then you'll need to ring your ISP. 

Hunter2660
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hunter2660 This message was authored by: Hunter2660

Thanks. I've checked the ip address and it points to Poplar, East London. We're at West Camel, near Yeovil, Somerset. So yes that does seem to be the case. Our broadband provider is looking into it now.

Hunter2660
Topic Author

An update on for anyone who may experience something similar in the future. The actual problem was a batch of brand new routers outputting a Spanish geolocation in error. A firmware update has cured the problem and Stream is now banging in loud and clear.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion