Discussion topic: Stream a month in

This message was authored by DiscoDave77 This message was authored by: DiscoDave77

Stream a month in

Hi,

As per previous post went back to Sky stream after been absent for a couple of years since it's launch.

It's gone back, here's why:

• Allthough it seems more stabler than my original encounter I cannot get passed the "Ads" and "Ad Skipping" being so rubbish, I was happy to pay for ad skipping, but it's just not reliable enough.  I think during my abscense from stream I got so used to not having ads (I Use most streaming services, ITV+ 4+) that the barrage of ads back just spoilt the experience.  
  • I went back to stream to get extra content but after a couple of weeks I realised there wasn't much more content that could justify the £45 price tag.
  • There were many little niggles, like not remembering where I was in series, (Been wiped out and having to guess).

It just isn't a useable product for me.

Luckily I kept my NowTV subscription active and to my suprise I got the Ultra boost gift at the same price as normal boost as I was on boost at the time, so now I have NowTV in UHD, which works great.

I also am back to a nice ad free experience with Now (Apart from their advertising at the start which I can live with).

I have a dish which the previous tenant had Sky Q on, so I purchased a Freesat 4K box, which is great works well on the Dish can record 4 programs at once, and fills the gaps when I want to watch shows that aren't ad free like UKTV, Five, etc.....  The skip function on the box are great, so I can quickly skip the ads.

For the same price as sky (excluding the Initial freesat 4K box cost) I get.

Freesat.

Netflix

Disney +

Paramount +

Apple TV+

NowTV (with some greate discounts)

All ad free for a little bit more than Stream and I'm back to being happy.

Shame really Stream could be an excellent product it's just to "Money Hungry" for my liking.

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Stream a month in

If you only want Sky's content ad free NOWTV is a good choice😊

Also a good choice for parents with little ones as there's no extra charge for the Kids channels😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion