Discussion topic: Sky Stream Newbie

This message was authored by MrMusic1947 This message was authored by: MrMusic1947

Sky Stream Newbie

Hi, just moved over to Sky Stream after 20+ years with Sky +/Sky Q as I was offered a cheaper deal using Now Broadband from Sky.

so far, so,good.

Sky Stream set up last night, working ok,new broadband starts Monday 19th August.

But, I was told, when I was agreeing to the deal, that I would have to cancel my old Sky TV agreement, or I would be charged twice for it! Is that right? 

And my Sky vip has reverted to silver, after beeing gold for many years.

Tried speaking twice to /Sky - been told different things that I am now with a different Sky!

and my broadband is now with Now! Which it isn't.

Any thoughts folks?

Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Stream Newbie

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrMusic1947 wrote:

But, I was told, when I was agreeing to the deal, that I would have to cancel my old Sky TV agreement, or I would be charged twice for it! Is that right? 

That is correct, even though Now and Sky are owned by the same company.  Actually you don't have to cancel Sky television to use Now, but it would be a separate charge.

Tried speaking twice to /Sky - been told different things that I am now with a different Sky!

That's complicated: full fibre from Now is actually Sky FTTP but FTTC isn't (and both are actually Openreach/BT Wholesale under the hood)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @MrMusic1947 

You can only have one sky TV account at an address so your old Sky+ account should have terminated when you activated Sky Stream. Not sure what you mean about your broadband, but you should be able to track your order by a) the email that was sent confirming your subscription or b) via order tracking https://www.sky.com/help/articles/track-sky-order

Re your VIP status this has been reported on the forum before and only sky can fix (we are fellow subscribers here on the forum).

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
MrMusic1947
Topic Author
This message was authored by MrMusic1947 This message was authored by: MrMusic1947

Thank you for your prompt reply.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@MrMusic1947 wrote:

Hi, just moved over to Sky Stream after 20+ years with Sky +/Sky Q as I was offered a cheaper deal using Now Broadband from Sky.

so far, so,good.

Sky Stream set up last night, working ok,new broadband starts Monday 19th August.

And my Sky vip has reverted to silver, after beeing gold for many years.

Any thoughts folks?

Thank you

@MrMusic1947  Do you mean you have subscribed to NOW BB and TV?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@MrMusic1947 wrote:

That is correct, even though Now and Sky are owned by the same company.  Actually you don't have to cancel Sky television to use Now, but it would be a separate charge.

That's complicated: full fibre from Now is actually Sky FTTP but FTTC isn't (and both are actually Openreach/BT Wholesale under the hood)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@TimmyBGood  FTTC by NOW is also from Sky😉

Exiled in HH
MrMusic1947
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion