Discussion topic: Stream Puck and Remote Faulty

This message was authored by SeanBro1 This message was authored by: SeanBro1

Stream Puck and Remote Faulty

Received my Sky Stream today and attempted to set up. Initially the puck switched on and i was prompted to select which wifi network i wished to use, problem 1, the remote didn't work.

After much tinkering, batteries out, batteries in, twist technique etc, nothing worked. I turned the puck off and back on where problem number 2 occured. The puck started up and i got a blinking white light and a black screen with the Sky logo on it. Numerous rounds of power off and on occurred when, by some miracle, the puck regained a solid white light and i got to the wifi page again. The remote also worked for the one time only and i got to a page where i could actually select the wifi, but the remote gave up again. The puck was switched off and on again where we went back to the white flashing light and blank screen

Sky, I have paid for a service and for the hardware that enables me to use that service. I do not have the time, or more importantly, the patience to sit on the phone being fobbed off by one of your "technical advisors". Provide me with hardware that works or i will cancel my direct debit and you can shove your contract up your ar$e.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Stream Puck and Remote Faulty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SeanBro1 

We are all customers like you on this forum 

sounds like you have a faulty puck - you will need to call sky and go through the troubleshooting before they can arrange a replacement 

it's something I've had to do previously 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion