Discussion topic: Sky stream remote not working

This message was authored by BethWootton This message was authored by: BethWootton

Sky stream remote not working

Sky stream remote is no longer working, when you select a button a completely different menu appears.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky stream remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BethWootton 

The below may help.

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Weasel-in-jeans This message was authored by: Weasel-in-jeans

I have the same issue after 2 months of use. Unfortunatley ive tried all the reset combinations and cant resolve it. Do Sky have a replacement system or is that expecting too much? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth. It sounds an mad but it has worked for some people.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Weasel-in-jeans 

The remotes are under warranty and sky will replace. Would you like me to escalate your post to the sky online community team? 

if you have an old sky q remote you could use that in the meantime 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Weasel-in-jeans This message was authored by: Weasel-in-jeans

Thank you for your response. Yes I tried the Chinese burn twist having read that in the forum prior. Didn't work for me unfortunately. 
I wish I had kept some of my old Sky q remotes now, I sent them back to Sky along with all my Sky q equipment as they said I would be charged for it if I didn't. 
I'll contact Sky through the link. Thank you very much for your help. 

Thank you for your response. I've now contacted Sky and will await their process to see if I am eligible for a replacement. 
thanks again. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What sort of Smart TV do you have... Some have remotes that can control streaming devices?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by John+Horan This message was authored by: John+Horan

Since the last firmware update the stream remote will not change the TV's volume everytime the stream is switched off and on.

Yo have to setup the remote each time in the Sky Stream box's  settings to get to work.

This message was authored by Mr_Cheers This message was authored by: Mr_Cheers

THIS WORKED FOR ME

Incredibky frustrating but my puck remote decided to start playing up on Christmas Eve! The symptom I had was that most of the buttons stopped working, back would initiate search and nothing else worked as expected.

Luckily I have a second puck and so was able to use the remote from the other one as a temporary solution.

I tried all of the reset key sequences, I also tried replacing the batteries and nothing seemed to fix it. I also tried the twist method to no avail.

As a last ditch attempt before calling Sky for replacement, I decided to remove the batteries and leave the remote to "completely discharge" for at least 24 hours.

Not sure why but after 2 days away, I've replaced the batteries and remote is now working again as expected.

Would propose that others try this to see if it works for them.

its as though the remote crashed and simply and quickly replacing batteries left it in that state until the circuitry had completely discharged and reset itself by leaving batteries out for a while.

Hope this helps others.

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

I have the same problem with my sky puck remove so would my Samsung remote work my puck?

This message was authored by Gapper This message was authored by: Gapper

re- pair you remote . when it askes if yoiu have volume say no. it will automatically go back to the home screen. the try tghe power button on the remote. short press will turn it all on. Just dne it myself.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion