Discussion topic: Sky stream lock up

This message was authored by Malc687 This message was authored by: Malc687

Sky stream lock up

I received my puck yesterday and the tv works fine for a while, then locks up and shows technical fault. If i reboot the puck it is ok for a short while and happens again. 
My download speed is 46-50 mbs

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Sky stream lock up

@Malc687 wrote:

I received my puck yesterday and the tv works fine for a while, then locks up and shows technical fault. If i reboot the puck it is ok for a short while and happens again. 
My download speed is 46-50 mbs

Are you connected via WiFi? If so then try connecting vie ethernet cable direct to your router. The pucks are very sensitive to WiFi speed fluctuations and these are minimised by using ethernet. 

Is your download speed actually what the puck is receiving or what is received at the router?

Open the Netflix app on the puck, navigate to the Get Help menu and run a Network speed test to see what speed is actually being received. 

This message was authored by Bettsy1234 This message was authored by: Bettsy1234

Re: Sky stream lock up

I've had Sky Plus HD, Sky Q and now Sky Stream. Everyone one of their boxes locks up all the time. Always been the same, they never seem to fix it and you go round in circles with support. Every 3 to 4 days my Stream won't switch on, and I have to get up and power it down. Pain in the backside and no other set top box does it. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion