Discussion topic: Sky stream live TV sync

This message was authored by Philc2 This message was authored by: Philc2

Sky stream live TV sync

Hi,

I have 2 sky stream pucks and want to show the Euro final on both tvs. Is there a way to ensure they both sync so there isn't a delay on one of the streams?

Is there a possibility to run a cable between both boxes?

Thanks in advance

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky stream live TV sync

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philc2 

There's no way to have synchronised output other than possibly through splitting the HDMI signal from one puck to both television sets.

It's not possible to link pucks: each is an independent network device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Philc2
Topic Author

Thanks @TimmyBGood - I thought this may be the case!

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Philc2 

Remember that there's quite a delay on Sky Stream compared to Freeview.

Seeing as the match on Sunday is broadcast on free-to-air TV, if you want to avoid hearing cheers from neighbours before you see the cause, it might be wise to invest in a couple of cheap portable Freeview HD aerials and connect them up to each of your TVs.

Both TVs will then be much more likely to be in sync, plus they'll be several seconds or so ahead of Sky Stream's live channel feed.

Philc2
Topic Author

Yes i've noticed the general delay on sky stream. I have to turn my phone notifications off when watching sporting events as the notifications are faster than the stream. Freeview probably a good option tbf. Thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion