Discussion topic: Sky stream contract

This message was authored by valuedskycustomer This message was authored by: valuedskycustomer

Sky stream contract

Hi I ordered sky stream on the 20th February 2023 I called up and they gave me a great offer sky kids and ad skipping and a ''30 day rolling contract'' all for £25. I said that's great I'll take that I asked them it is rolling contract so I can cancel whenever he said yes it is. 2 weeks ago virgin media gave me TV broadband and landline all for £31.99 i took the offer thinking I'll contact sky later to let them know I want to cancel the stream then I went to login to the app and it seems I've been conned it said I'm in an 18 month contract until august 2024. Which means sky have lied to me and I'm no longer in the virgin 14 day cooling off period so I can't cancel either if I want to cancel sky stream it will be around £200! I now have no idea what to do. Could anyone please help me thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky stream contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @valuedskycustomer 

Well the good news is that as it was done by phone there will be a recording of what was said and agreed.

You'll need to make a complaint via the link below stating the problem and what you were told. Asking them to listen to the call and then leave it with them to check.

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints

You can request a copy of the call for yourself as well which Sky will then find and send a link, that can be requested on the link below - make sure you supply the date of the call to speed things up.

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/customer-information-request

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion