Discussion topic: Sky stream compatibility with 4G mobile network

This message was authored by ERadford This message was authored by: ERadford

Sky stream compatibility with 4G mobile network

I am moving from a property with full fibre but no mobile network, to an area that has ok 4G and 5G signal but no provider can give me more than 1-2mbps download speed.

I have no choice but to get either get satellite,  4 or 5G mobile broadband depending on which will work best and wondered if anyone uses thier Sky stream through satellite broadband or  mobile data and if it's compatible. Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Re: Sky stream compatibility with 4G mobile network

Stream should work over any internet connection providing it's stable and meets the recommended speeds..

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Stream should work over any internet connection providing it's stable and meets the recommended speeds..

This message was authored by D+Hig This message was authored by: D+Hig

I use 3 mobile broadband and that works great with or without Ethernet but the latter is definitely better as more stable 

ERadford
Topic Author
This message was authored by ERadford This message was authored by: ERadford

Thanks so much for the advice 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

This very much varies from place to place. One issue you may find when using mobile broadband is that the speed is good, but latency is poor. This will affect stream 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion