Discussion topic: Sky stream buffering constantly

This message was authored by Magssinclair This message was authored by: Magssinclair

Sky stream buffering constantly

Hi all, I have been given Sky stream in my broadband package but it's proving useless as it constantly buffers when accessing the live tv. 

The box is in the next room from the hub and no more than 10m away. There are walls between but they are constructed with timber and plasterboard. Other streaming services I access are working okay. 

All Replies

Magssinclair
Topic Author
This message was authored by Magssinclair This message was authored by: Magssinclair

Re: Sky stream buffering constantly

I've checked Speedtest through Netflix app and it's saying I'm achieving 27.12MBPS 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Magssinclair  If thats over wifi try using ethernet as the speed is very low and is the cause of the issues.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

As mentioned above, your Netflix speed test is very borderline for Sky Stream to perform reliably.

If you cannot improve your wifi speed, best solution will be to use an ethernet connection.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Magssinclair
Topic Author

Yeah I was thinking about something like a TP link as I can't run an Ethernet from router to box. As the broadband is through sky and so it the sky stream, should they provide this solution. Quite sure they were supposed to guarantee 40mbps 

This message was authored by FunkyL This message was authored by: FunkyL

We get this too despite being on 60 or so Mbps and having the puck wired.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Magssinclair wrote:

Yeah I was thinking about something like a TP link as I can't run an Ethernet from router to box.

Yes a powerline adapter will work fine.

I have never used these, but know some who do.

@Chrisee Any suggestions for some recommended Powerline kit that the OP could use?

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky stream buffering constantl

@Magssinclair TP-Link make a range of powerline networking kits (they make a widecrange of other networking kit as well) but they are not the only company that do but they are a popular choice.  The faster kits use all 3 conductors rather than just live and neutral the cheap ones use . When buying a kit consider that in most cases you get roughly 20 to 40% of the rated speed of the kit and always use wall sockets rather than trailing sockets. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion